Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life

Old 05-25-2007, 03:48 PM

Default VARIANCE : What Dreams may come

Just had a really strange dream(i know,since when do people have normal dreams?)and had to share with u all here.Bear with me if some of the details make absolutely no sense and I'll try to explain the best i can----

It's Memorial Day weekend and a few high school friends who I havent seen in ages come over to my place and chill.So we are catching up on stuff,having a few drinks etc.A couple of them want to smoke and we go outside and there we suddenly see a huge TV mounted on a pole.So i just swtich it on and browse channels.

First one,its a cricket game between India and Australia..my hero Sachin is batting and he is facing Brett Lee,one of the fastest bowlers ever and its being played in fading light.Lee bowls a bouncer and Sachin trying to evade it gets hit.The umpires offer light at this point but Sachin strangely refuses and bats on.Suddenly,a tiger invades the ground and all hell breaks loose,i find myself transported to the scene and the tiger is chasing me now!!

I quickly change channels and the next one is a tennis match between Federer and Nadal at Wimbledon and Nadal is winning..This is when i decide to slip a banana peel on to the court and Nadal slips and is retired injured.The security tries to get me ,but I again change channels to escape that.

Finally,the new channel depicts a huge auditorium/temple. There hundreds of couples are getting married.Its traditional South Indian custom for people to get married in temples and for those who cant afford the lavish wedding the state takes care of them and the food for the guests as well as clothes and renting the marriage hall etc.
Here,I find a few of my friends(they are all from college) and they are behind a podium singing 80's Indian Film songs.I join them and we keep belting out hits from that era to cheers from the crowd.The final song is a fast number and really loud.By the time we are close to finishing it the whole auditorium starts to fall apart,the walls,ceilings cave in ..and then BOOM I wake up!!

The whole thing was as close to real as i have ever experienced.

Once again I apologize for the tl;dr and if this sounds like absolute gibberish and makes no sense to anyone,but usually i never have such vivid recollections of my dreams and I just had to recount this in detail.
Maybe once day if I learn photoshop this would make a great illustration.

BBVL - Care to share your dreams?
Old 05-25-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Re: VARIANCE : What Dreams may come

MSPaint plz.

Edit: Interesting dream btw.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:02 PM

I had this dream where I was constantly walking up hills and stuff, and one of these hills when I was walking back down for one reason or another was really, really steep, as if I were about to fall off it. It was somewhat dark, with a hint of unnatural light (street lights? they weren't around, but it was as if it was lit by street lights).

I remember that in the beginning of the dream, I had my attention on this girl for some reason (she was good looking, probably, but I don't rememeber a face) on a bus going uphill. I thought to myself that I didn't want her to get away, and that I needed to ask her for her number. I asked her for her number, and she didn't give it to me. I thought, oh well, at least I tried and while stepping off , I thought to myself... "Maybe she's testing me for some odd reason", and as I step off -- she says, "Wait." and gives me her number.

My dreams are constant mazes, and I don't know whether or not I should learn to analyze them. I probably should, as it'll teach me more about how I feel. I remember reading on stevepavlina.com about lucid dreaming and how you can ask yourself questions.

Mine are never anything straightforward. My dream felt extremely real as well, and the part where she gave me her number was something that I "willed". For that part, I knew it was lucid.

Lucid dreaming has been something that's a part of me forever, but I haven't been able to control it full scale.

Also, my dreams are most evident around right when I wake up (around 7:30-10am).
Old 05-25-2007, 07:07 PM

I'm really disappointed this has nothing to do with VegasNick. Thread does not deliver.