Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy

View Poll Results: Would you rather:
Play in a serious game of dodgeball once every two months for the next 15 years. 30 56.60%
Not. 23 43.40%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2007, 06:39 PM

Default Electron microscope analysis of steel spheres from WTC site

Any science-buffs care to comment on this?

[ QUOTE ]

Jones detailed his lab experiments in which he attempted to replicate NIST's conclusion that the lava like orange material flowing out of the south tower is aluminum from Flight 175, the plane that hit the building. Jones clearly documents the fact that liquid aluminum is silver and not orange as is seen in the video of the south tower, therefore the material cannot be aluminum. Jones then explains that the material is in fact a compound that can cut through steel like a hot knife through butter, thermite with sulphur added to make thermate.

The crux of the fresh evidence revolves around newly uncovered globules or spheres that were discovered at the WTC site that Professor Jones was able to obtain and run a electron microscope analysis on.

The spheres contained iron and aluminum, which would be expected in any steel sample, but also sulphur which is a by-product of a thermate reaction.

Video:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...08807350233932

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles...demolition.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

The important bit is at 48 minutes.

If you don't want to talk science, take your cynicism elsewhere.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:48 PM

Default Re: Electron microscope analysis of steel spheres from WTC site

I'll be interested to see where this goes, but am not qualified to give an intelligent commentary on the evidence per se. My confession: I take the fact that the majority of scientists see no problem with what happened as evidence that what happened is physically possible. I don't believe we live in a country of 10's of thousands of metalurgists, all of whom actually KNOW that "fire can't melt steel", but only 2 of whom are willing to mention that publicly. I don't believe we live in a country where the leaders are devious enough to construct such an elaborate plot, actually fly jets in to buildings, but the plot is so stupid that they need to add thermite. I don't believe we live in a country where 100's of people would give testimony that supports some secret government lie. I guess what I'm saying is: any notion of conspiracy is so grotesquely absurd, so arrantly false, and so pathetic, that you are going to need a lot more than something like this to even get anyone half-way intelligent to give this a second thought. It shocks me the abilities that some people ascribe to our leaders.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:24 PM

Nielso,

What % confidence do you have that the towers were brought down with explosives and not by the airplanes?
Old 05-22-2007, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nielso,

What % confidence do you have that the towers were brought down with explosives and not by the airplanes?

[/ QUOTE ]

ATM there is no such sequential mechanism theory that 'airplanes brought down the towers'; so it's pretty hard to get behind non-existent scientific theories.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jones clearly documents the fact that liquid aluminum is silver and not orange as is seen in the video of the south tower, therefore the material cannot be aluminum

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't understand the other evidence, but this is just silly. Any number of pigments or lighting conditions can cause that color, and to claim "therefore the material cannot be aliminium" means the guy is probably an idiot.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:08 PM

Molten Aluminum can be orange/glow, i would not trust any information that claims it has to be silver in color.
Google Images:
http://www.world-aluminium.org/media/molten.jpg

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/da...180326AR_b.jpg

http://www.thermix.com/images/alumin...-side-well.jpg

Research project from Clemson:
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=h...%3D10%26hl%3Den
Old 05-22-2007, 08:12 PM

I figure if there's anything to the science of this stuff it'll be on the discovery channel one of these days. I'll take a look at it then when I can have some small confidence in the fairness of the presentation.

PairTheBoard
Old 05-22-2007, 08:16 PM

It's the grassy knoll of the oughts.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:53 PM

Thermite alone gets plenty hot enough to melt through steel and collapse the tower. It also would leave nothing behind but small traces of magnesium, iron and aluminum which would completely blend in with the aftermath of the building's collapse. Which begs the question - why incriminate yourself with military grade pyrotechnics when a garage grade device works just as well?
Old 05-22-2007, 09:18 PM

Aluminum is indeed very orange when it's molten.

This is on par with the guy who burned some [censored] inside some chicken wire to prove that the burning couldn't have brought the towers down.