Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 04:28 PM

Default Swing Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs0yL3EWglk

I started playing last summer. My swing has been really inconsistent so far. I've been shooting high 90's recently. In my lessons we've been working on not pushing the club, keeping the face more open on way down, and that my right arm isn't in the right place (too far behind body).
Old 05-02-2007, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Swing Video

[ QUOTE ]

I started playing last summer. My swing has been really inconsistent so far. I've been shooting high 90's recently. In my lessons we've been working on not pushing the club, keeping the face more open on way down, and that my right arm isn't in the right place (too far behind body).

[/ QUOTE ]

it really isnt that bad for a half swing. your takeaway starts all wrists and your a lil hunched over. other than that, grow some balls take a full swing and tear it up.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:08 PM

Before you work on all that other stuff you need to improve your posture. At address, you should be able to draw a line straight down that intersects the following:

1) Your right armpit
2) The tips of your knees
3) The balls of your feet.

Currently if you were to drop a line straight from your armpits it would be outside of your knees and toes.

Basically, you should be standing more upright. You can use a mirror to check this line.

Good luck. You have a pretty decent move for a beginner.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Before you work on all that other stuff you need to improve your posture. At address, you should be able to draw a line straight down that intersects the following:

1) Your right armpit
2) The tips of your knees
3) The balls of your feet.

Currently if you were to drop a line straight from your armpits it would be outside of your knees and toes.

Basically, you should be standing more upright. You can use a mirror to check this line.

Good luck. You have a pretty decent move for a beginner.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the posture statements. This is something that you can work on without even hitting balls. Just get used to standing more upright so it feels comfortable. This should lead to more power also b/c your arc will become wider and you'll be able to generate more speed through the ball. Looks good though for a 1 year golfer.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:26 PM

At impact it looks to me that you are leaning too far away from the target. Also, it looks like your right hand is still underneath the club; whereas, it should be beginning to roll over. Do you hit a lot of high push/fades?

The lean will be helped by fixing your posture which most other people have said already.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:39 PM

It kinda looks like you're picking the club up a little bit on the takeaway, maybe causing a little tension in your arms and hands.

I'd like to see your takeaway become a little more 'low and slow.' Feel like your clubhead stays low for the first couple of feet. If you can get some tension out by doing this, you may free your backswing up a bit, allowing you to turn your upper body more.

I think there are some good things is here, with just some minor adjustments to the swing plane needed.

Oh, and a little more shoulder turn as well.

- Jay
Old 05-02-2007, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You swing way too good to be shooting in the upper 90's.
Practice your shortgame! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2007, 10:41 PM

YEA GolfTEC

which store is that?
Old 05-02-2007, 10:41 PM

BTW, tell me your name or WUCCI # and I'll login and analyze it using our programs and post it here. It will be cool to show.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:35 PM

You have a nice swing for just starting last summer. I wish my swing looked that good after 1 year. Continue practicing...