Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $633.50
UTG+1: $723.50
CO: $1249.80
Hero: $1652.54
SB: $415.58
BB: $1336.17

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
2 folds, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $24</font>, 2 folds, CO calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($57, 2 players)
CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $50</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $100</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($257, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">CO bets $100</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $200</font> for cheap showdown...

this seemed reasonable at the time, thoughts?
Old 08-08-2006, 07:42 PM

Default Re: QQ deep (600NL).

meh. this guy doesnt seem like the kind of guy to bomb the river.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:51 PM

Pot or fold I think, this hand makes my head hurt.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:03 AM

any other thoughts on this one?
Old 08-09-2006, 07:42 AM

The minraise seems wrong. If you want to keep the pot small just call. He's not folding for $100 more and it offers him over 5-1 on any draws. Also, it opens you up to a big reraise that will have you totaly bent over.

I'm not saying that calling is the best line. I just think the minraise looks wrong. I would fold before I would minraise.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:43 AM

make it 350 and then sure
Old 08-09-2006, 07:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The minraise seems wrong. If you want to keep the pot small just call. He's not folding for $100 more... Also, it opens you up to a big reraise that will have you totaly bent over.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is exactly the reason i like the minraise. The idea here is, he MIGHT call with a T or weaker hand, but will almost never raise you without a better hand. On the river, you get to checkbehind pretty often which is good because your hand has a bunch of showdown value.

Obviously, if he reraises/leads river, its a pretty easy fold against most people.

As for giving odds to a drawing hand, an OESD is not getting odds to chase to this river. And a flush draw is just barely getting the odds he needs. If we fold to his river lead when he hits, which we often will, we kill his implied odds also. Our main concern in this hand is getting to the river cheap. The minraise helps us do that.

I really like it.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:04 AM

thanks, that was kind of my thought process.

i thought he either had a weakish pair, a set, or a draw. obviously i fold to a reraise or river lead, so that is not a tought spot to be in. i thought the min raise allowed me to the cheapest way to either showdown, or get out of the hand confident im beaten. and it also charges any draws some more at the same time.

when i was reviewing this hand the minraise looked a little odd, which is why i posted the hand here.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
an OESD is not getting odds to chase to this river. And a flush draw is just barely getting the odds he needs.

[/ QUOTE ]

The minraise offers 5.5-1, so both draws are getting proper odds.

As for the minraise being called by a hand we beat, I just thought that such a hand was the least likely of his probable holdings.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
an OESD is not getting odds to chase to this river. And a flush draw is just barely getting the odds he needs.

[/ QUOTE ]

The minraise offers 5.5-1, so both draws are getting proper odds.

As for the minraise being called by a hand we beat, I just thought that such a hand was the least likely of his probable holdings.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes id agree its the least likly. but we have to take all possibilities into account and weight them against their frequency i guess in deciding what the best action is.

to be honest i wasnt very confident about his holding. i wanted to see a showdown as cheaply as possible, so went for the min-raise/ free showdown. the fact that he may be drawing/behind only sweetens things somewhat.