Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 11:46 PM

Default Re: 6.5 -One of the most interesting hands in my short SnG career

I suppose this depends on how much of a tard you think the big stack is... HoganPoker is prolly pushing pretty wide here but how wide is DrumTim calling? If he's calling really wide, I'd lean towards a call. If not, I suppose a fold is best. If HoganPoker doubles up, you pretty much have no shot at 1st/2nd. For sure you have the best hand here and if you do call and win you have a great shot at taking 1st. Definitely an interesting spot.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:15 AM

Call if you think you're a (big) favorite against Tim HU. But as it is with most interesting hands both options are about the same readless and it doesn't really matter what you do.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
SNG wiz is weird on this one. It says to call with any two and that folding AQs is a -10% fold here.
I turned simulate future games off and it says to call with JJ+ and calling here is -1.5%. I think that's probably right.

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes sense. In isolation, bad call; considering that you would like to win the tourney, not so bad. I call if I think big stack is calling wide.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:42 AM

holdemresources has it: 75%/12%/5%, AQo is a call. Not sure if the 75 and 12 reflect reality but it cant be far off. I can see the bigstack possibly not pushing enough maybe?
Old 11-22-2007, 01:52 AM

this spot doesnt seem like its too significant in favor of either decision. I'd probably spite call bc i have AQs 3 handed and no money left.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
SNG wiz is weird on this one. It says to call with any two and that folding AQs is a -10% fold here.
I turned simulate future games off and it says to call with JJ+ and calling here is -1.5%. I think that's probably right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think something went wrong there with simulating future games as I get totally different results (Probably stack sizes as any two might be pushed when Hero's stack is larger).

[ QUOTE ]

That makes sense. In isolation, bad call; considering that you would like to win the tourney, not so bad. I call if I think big stack is calling wide.

[/ QUOTE ]

SB should be calling over 50% to make calling +ev (see graph). Simulating future games even increases this number, so I guess we should have a clear fold here.