Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting

Old 09-12-2007, 01:55 AM

Default Re: Early Week 3 NCAA discussion

oregon and app st's spread offenses were mentioned 150x during the two games and how UM had trouble slowing them down. michigan's d is going to look much much better against ND's inept O. I forsee something very low scoring like 21-10 UM.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:30 PM

App St torched Michigan's pass defense by throwing short over the middle. Oregon torched Michigan's pass defense by throwing deep down the sidelines. I don't know what to make of it other than wow we suck.

Also, I know trends are for squares but the favorite is 1-7 vs the spread in the last 8 games in this series.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also being top ranked High School Qb means squat.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think Clausen is better than the frosh Mich backup QB? Do you have any reason for that belief? Or are we just assuming all frosh QBs are equal?

I'm trying to get what you mean.

GL to you as well, as I said, I think the total is an utter crapshoot.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:37 PM

Mallet is better than Clausen

at least according to Tom Luginbill, ESPN recruiting expert, in what he said on tuesday's ESPNU college coaches spotlight.

Clausen has more upside, but Mallet is more developed now. Both are huge talents. Both were huge recruits. However, Clausen played for a stacked team against weaker high school competition. Last week was the first time Clausen has ever been knocked around. Mallet played in a very competitive league in Texas. He's had to do it the hard way.

There is huge argument over who was the better recruit.
For example, PhilSteele had Mallet #1 and Clausen #5 among QBs (Tyrod Taylor of V Tech #3 BTW). Rivals had Clausen #1 and Mallet #2 among pro-style QBs. Scout had Clausen #1 and Mallet #2.

So, I'd be hard-pressed at this point to say there is much of a difference between the two, and I know Mallet has a better group of surrounding players and is healthier.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:57 PM

Thank you.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:45 PM

Fwiw, the Nebraska coaching staff, whom many in the nfl scouting community consider the best evaluators of high school talent in the country, had Mallett as the #1 ranked qb in the country on their recruiting board.

Also, when you factor in that Clausen still doesn't appear to be 100%, I would definitely give the edge here to Mallett. UM's oline >>> than ND's oline, and UM has major weapons at wr, both big advantages for Mallet. ND's defense is obviously much better than Michigan's though.

The biggest question I have is what is the status of Hart -- how effective will he be?