Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 01:22 AM

Default Re: NL25: Flop nuts heads up, river makes second nuts.. fold ever?

Flop and turn bet sizes are horrible...200BBs deep you need to make stronger bet if you hope to get villains stack in the middle...200BBs deep why are you playing around???? Weak betting this deep is a HUGE LEAK..You should not be trying to get a small extra bet here BUT your goal NEEDS to be how can I get villains ENTIRE STACK...

As for the river the debate is not CALL or fold it's should we raise or just call...Based on the weak betting previous in the hand a lean slightly to just calling BUT I could not fault a "value" raise..
Old 08-29-2007, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why call the raise with T8o if you'r considering folding the second nuts? Do you only get your stack in when you flop TTT?

Don't minraise the flop, you know that. People at NL25 are gonna call all day anyway, so raise flop properly to $3.5 or $4. I'm betting 4.50 on the turn to:
A) build a pot
b) price out draws

Get it in on the river, you have a terrible case of "monsters under the bed" syndrome if you are putting him on exactly one hand, the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]
Villain bets $7.50
bknollenberg has 15 seconds left to act
bknollenberg: omgwtfbbq this may be way too sick
bknollenberg calls $7.50
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Villain shows [Tc Qs] a straight, King high
bknollenberg mucks
Villain wins the pot ($25.20) with a straight, King high
bknollenberg: jfc
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $26.50 | Rake $1.30
Board: [7d 9s Js 6c Kc]
Seat 1: Villain (small blind) showed [Tc Qs] and won ($25.20) with a straight, King high
Seat 2: bknollenberg (big blind) mucked [Td 8c] - a straight, Jack high

[/ QUOTE ]
You might be the best hand-reader of all time dude. I agree, when villain bets into you on the river after that action, it is often the nuts, but there is no way you're folding that and this may not have happened if you played the hand differently.

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess I'm the only one that can answer the question of whether you can ever fold here, because the answer is obviously yes. I knew I was beat, given my experience with Villain. But it is indeed my own fault.

So anyone think anything else different other than raising to 4-5ish on flop, pot on turn, then if it gets to the river make an easier call (and lose everything, lol)?
Old 08-29-2007, 01:23 AM

If you are always aggressive with mediocre hands and always passing/trapping with good hands you are extremely exploitable
Old 08-29-2007, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are always aggressive with mediocre hands and always passing/trapping with good hands you are extremely exploitable

[/ QUOTE ]
That's not the case, it's not consistent, it just depends on the situation. Obviously flopping the nuts is a situation where I don't protect my hand enough when it's draw heavy. But I'll flop 10 2 3 with 10 10 and lead out, etc. So that's not a concern. I think it's just getting over the "omg I can't force him off whatever he has gimme ur moniez!!1" and betting my hand strong.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:27 AM

This looks exactly like a hand I tend to get myself involved in. I am glad you posted this, because it's something I need to improve on, and am glad I am not the only one in this situation.

In situations like this, I try to milk it, and then get frustrated when I lose on the river.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:32 AM

There is a balance between betting for value and betting for protection.

Bet enough so that he doesn't have odds to call but not so much that he folds. Donkey's are more than willing to call bets that give them incorrect odds.

Play good poker and let other players make mistakes and relieve them of their money.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why call the raise with T8o if you'r considering folding the second nuts? Do you only get your stack in when you flop TTT?

Don't minraise the flop, you know that. People at NL25 are gonna call all day anyway, so raise flop properly to $3.5 or $4. I'm betting 4.50 on the turn to:
A) build a pot
b) price out draws

Get it in on the river, you have a terrible case of "monsters under the bed" syndrome if you are putting him on exactly one hand, the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]
Villain bets $7.50
bknollenberg has 15 seconds left to act
bknollenberg: omgwtfbbq this may be way too sick
bknollenberg calls $7.50
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Villain shows [Tc Qs] a straight, King high
bknollenberg mucks
Villain wins the pot ($25.20) with a straight, King high
bknollenberg: jfc
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $26.50 | Rake $1.30
Board: [7d 9s Js 6c Kc]
Seat 1: Villain (small blind) showed [Tc Qs] and won ($25.20) with a straight, King high
Seat 2: bknollenberg (big blind) mucked [Td 8c] - a straight, Jack high

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a terrible response to my post. Are you always this results oriented?
Closed Thread