Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 08:19 AM

Default tough turn spot w/ straight

Just sat a few hnds ago and dont know villain.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $198.00
BB: $200.00
Hero (UTG): $199.00
CO: $45.29
BTN: $203.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $8.00</font>, 3 folds, BB calls $6.00

Flop: ($19) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $15.00</font>, BB calls $15.00

Turn: ($49) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $50.00</font>,

Hero?
Old 09-20-2007, 08:24 AM

Default Re: tough turn spot w/ straight

I dump this. There is one more street to come, and things can only get worse, not better. He decides how much money goes in. Even JT beats you. Also, considering he is OOP I think his range is stronger then when he would be IP.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:36 AM

Against an unknown I just muck it. Even when you are ahead you can still get drawn out on.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:43 AM

Riverplay is gonna be horrible. Folding seems weak but he's gonna bet big on the river often and then what?
Old 09-20-2007, 09:46 AM

To be honest, I don't like your raise pf with 56s in EP. I used to do the same thing, but I'm starting to think this move just isn't +EV in the long run.

As played, I guess I would let it go against an OOP unknown.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:49 AM

this is a fold given no history
Old 09-20-2007, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To be honest, I don't like your raise pf with 56s in EP. I used to do the same thing, but I'm starting to think this move just isn't +EV in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking this but then realised it was 5 handed and so hero is mp. I think it is fine depending on your image at the table. If you have been kind of quiet this session im all for raising it in this position as it will help get action on your bigger hands later. This added with being deceptive and making you harder to read is where it becomes +EV. On the other hand if you have been active at the table its best to fold.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking this but then realised it was 5 handed and so hero is mp. I think it is fine depending on your image at the table. If you have been kind of quiet this session im all for raising it in this position as it will help get action on your bigger hands later. This added with being deceptive and making you harder to read is where it becomes +EV. On the other hand if you have been active at the table its best to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

All good points.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but Hero was new to the table, so image doesn't have much to do with this hand. Just my two cents.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:00 AM

i honestly think this is rarely a flush. the 2 most likely hands youre gonna look at is JT with no spades, or a set/2pair that is now very worried about protecting his hand.

that pot sized donk bet screams fear to me. he wants to end the hand immediately, and is worried you might check behind.

i say shove it.