Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 12:32 AM

Default NL100 | Top Set, 2-flush Board, Difficult Opponent

The villan here seems to be a difficult TAG. 23/20/5. He knows how to 3bet preflop pretty well, understands position, and seems like a pretty good hand reader. He's been giving me respect so far, but he has been hard on a couple people. This is the second time I've 3bet him from the blinds, and I've been 3betting others as well. I would assume he has at least noticed.

I'm not sure what his range is on the turn.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<font color="black">Grunch (SB): $140.25</font>
BB: $103.50
UTG: $104.10
CO: $142.45
BTN: $114.50

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Grunch is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $3.50</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">Grunch raises to $11</font>, BB folds, CO calls $7.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($23) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Grunch bets $11.50</font>, CO calls $11.50

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($46) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Grunch ... ?

Don't just tell me to bet because I have a set. I'm well aware of what I have -- I want to know what he has.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:58 AM

Default Re: NL100 | Top Set, 2-flush Board, Difficult Opponent

Could be a float..
Old 05-10-2007, 01:00 AM

[quote[Don't just tell me to bet because I have a set. I'm well aware of what I have -- I want to know what he has.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bet because you have great equity against his range.

AK, A10dd 98 KQ blah blah blah. Even if he has QJ you gots outs!
Old 05-10-2007, 01:02 AM

just c/r him all-in? he's pretty aggressive and is going to be betting close to pot here if we check a large % of the time, no?
Old 05-10-2007, 01:03 AM

I'm pretty sure he will be v aggro with combos on the flop.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:04 AM

What he has kinda depends on what he puts you on. If he feels your 3betting any 2 in positions you feel are right, he could have a weak ace or somthing like K10s/u. If he feels your 3betting high cards aq or middle pairs, hes going to have a more premium hand like qq ajs aqs ako kqs qjs, mabey he has underset. If he still thinks you only 3bet kk/aa well, he just overset you.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:14 AM

um i would RR more preflop considering you are both 140 deep and he has position.
Given all of that, and the flop action i would honestly narrow his range to QQ-JJ, sometimes AA. and then other random diamonds that are floating the flop, because they realize raising a K high board in a RR pot is silly.

I am betting the turn for value and protection. I dont think you are getting any more money out of anything you are ahead of unless he has an underset, so i would go ahead and bet for value and protection.

I dont really like giving free cards when his range can have anywhere from like 4-7 outs.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What he has kinda depends on what he puts you on. If he feels your 3betting any 2 in positions you feel are right, he could have a weak ace or somthing like K10s/u. If he feels your 3betting high cards aq or middle pairs, hes going to have a more premium hand like qq ajs aqs ako kqs qjs, mabey he has underset. If he still thinks you only 3bet kk/aa well, he just overset you.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way a player like this is retarded enough to think Grunch's range here is KK+. This last sentence is lol.

His range here is pretty wide because players like this love to believe they can call for implied odds and/or "outplay" you in position. I'd check/raise all in here. The only thing that would suck is if he has the NFD and is smart enough to realize that betting would be completely sick stupid with that hand, and he checks behind.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:22 AM

Lol, I just noticed the 140BBs

In that case his range is huge, especially after your flop bet being only 1/2 pot.

I'd bet more like 2/3 pot here, just because it makes it easier to get stacks in.

Given how much money is left, I think you def. need to bet this turn. If you are lucky he has the NFD and pushes.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:24 AM

I bet/call, yeah QJ just got there but should be ahead a good amount. c/r works too if he's aggro, but I think I prefer b/c here.