Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2006, 04:17 AM

Default new bodog bitch(not previously covered)

so i hate bodog - that's no secret. i went back just to burn off my tourny credits and player points. - what i now noticed is the software picks up your mouse movements and puts it thru the speakers as static.

i noticed this b/c i usually play with headphones - it may not be noticeable to someone using speakers

haha - piece of [censored] software kicked me off 2 hands into my point freeroll(this should be fun)
Old 01-29-2006, 04:35 AM

Default Re: new bodog bitch(not previously covered)

haha 5 disconnects in less than 30 mins - and when you do log back in nobody is holding any cards? you have no clue who is still in the hand? lol
Old 01-29-2006, 04:39 AM

I send them an email almost every day telling them how bad they screwed up and I am sure I am one of many. I hope one day they wake up and its before they crash the entire room.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:50 PM

Last week, the almost nightly $7,500. guaranteed NLHE Multi-table tournaments, $11.+1. buy-in, were changed to $6,000. guaranteed with the same buy-in.

Last week, the daily, or almost daily, 1:00AM EST $4,000. guaranteed NLHE Multi-table tournaments, $7. + .50 buy-in, were changed to $3,500. guaranteed with the same buy-in.

The multiple weekly $1,000. guaranteed freerolls (0 entry fee) with $2. R&A were changed from a limit of 1,000 players to a limit of 1,500 players. This should normally provide them with more re-buys and add-ons to help offset the $1,000.

All of these changes could have been planned long in advance, but not only does it make it look as though they’re hurting, it comes at a time they should be doing everything they can to retain customers.

Before the software change some of the $7,500. and $4,000. guaranteed tournaments had started to have enough entrants to come close to or actually exceed the guarantees. They had finally started to make a success of all their overlays in these tourneys.

Having a limit of 1,000 players on the $1,000. freeroll was probably a mistake from the beginning, anyway.

Since they don’t state how many players are playing at any time, I’ve always just looked at Omaha 8/B tables to judge the level of overall traffic. Obviously, this is not accurate, but it did give me a good idea of high and low traffic times. Now, at 8:13PM EST tonight there are 27 players seated, 1 at a table by himself. I also regularly check the Omaha and Omaha 8/B Sit and gos for traffic. There are 2 tables total of these games running now.

I believe traffic is way down.

This is not to say they don’t provide big overlays in many multi-table tournaments, multiple times a week. They do. For instance, the Saturday night 8:30 PM, $20,000. guaranteed NLHE multi with R&A had 217 entrants at $35.+3. entry plus 190 re-buys at $35. each for a total paid to Bodog of $14,896. So of the total $20,000. paid out, Bodog provided $5,104, which is 25.52%.

The real point of all this is that I just wanted to rant about how bone-headed their management is. They seem intent on not listening to their customer input at all. They spent a ton of money providing big overlays and bonuses and good customer service for months. Now they’ve developed a software package that is clearly the result of a “graphics artists” dominated mindset that is just terrible for poker playing. Their customers are poker players, not graphics artists that have no experience nor the taste for spending hours at a time playing online poker.

Their management is so clearly incompetent that this episode should eventually be written up in business school text books as an example of what not to do.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:45 PM

Lucky for them I am going to keep playing there a little bit until after the Superbowl as I will probably be placing some bets. Then Feb. 6th I am closing my Bodog account.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Last week, the almost nightly $7,500. guaranteed NLHE Multi-table tournaments, $11.+1. buy-in, were changed to $6,000. guaranteed with the same buy-in.

Last week, the daily, or almost daily, 1:00AM EST $4,000. guaranteed NLHE Multi-table tournaments, $7. + .50 buy-in, were changed to $3,500. guaranteed with the same buy-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

the $25+2 $13.5k guarantees are also down to a 10k guarantee. this is the first step backwards i've seen from them and i've been playing for around a year i guess. whenever they got close to getting the guarantees in these tournies they'd up the prize pool, without fail. as far as i can tell this may finally help them realize players are going and not coming, even w/ that "stellar" article in cardplayer.

they're making the wrong moves at a crucial time. finally make a marketing push to get players, then change to a buggy interface less than 1-2 months after the new players arrive. there is no loyalty out of these players, and why should there be. the change was drastic enough that players could justifiably leave.

now you start reducing the guarantees. anyone who plays regularly knows what they used to be and what this means. less players, and probably a push for less new players.

all in all this has been a horrid couple months for bodog and could prove to be crippling for the poker room unless they hatch another ridiculous scheme to capture the remaining percentage of sports gamblers not yet playing poker. good riddance bodog.
Old 01-29-2006, 05:35 AM

I just got disconnecded holding 79 on the button on a 779 board on the with a large bet in front of me. I'm just going to keep telling myself the guy had 99 and I saved my stack until I calm down.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:12 AM

Bodog is beyond unplayable.

I cashed it all out last week, and won't play unless it changes back, or they fix the million bugs, and change that hideous blood red background.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:50 PM

Let's not oversell this. I have played approx 20 SNG's since the software change. I have had one hand where it was folded for me (and there is a chance that was user error.)

I have complained about the new UI, and the HUGE problem is the lack of a "your turn alert" when your table is in mini-view. This is a very, VERY significant problem for anyone who multi-tables. PLUS, it can make the game move more slowly if any multi-tablers are sitting, so this is bad for Bodog's profit.

I have had zero disconnects. I have heard zero "speaker static."

However...I have a slight cold, so maybe that's their fault...
Old 01-29-2006, 03:20 PM

I play there every day. I have had dozens of disconnects along with 'phantom' big blind postings, 'server has rejected your bet requests', missing action buttons and countless other problems. Their new software is terrible and if they have not fixed many of these problems by now there is not much hope for the future releases. Yes - those problems ARE 100% their fault!

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]