Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 03:52 PM

Default NL25 Hands, Thoughts on plays

Hey a few hands i played today. Feeling pretty down and crap about poker, Full Tilt seems to hate me, haven't had a winning session this month, which kind of makes me want to quit.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

BTN: $22.90
Hero (SB): $31.50
BB: $25
UTG: $21.30
MP: $23.35
CO: $27.60

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
3 folds, BTN calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, BB folds, BTN calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.25) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $3</font>, Hero calls $1.50

Turn: ($8.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $10.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $27.50 and is All-In</font>, BTN calls $8.15 and is All-In

BB: $22.80
UTG: $24.25
MP: $25
Hero (CO): $24.65
BTN: $14
SB: $30.70

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, BTN calls $0.85, 2 folds

Flop: ($2.05) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.40</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $3.80</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $13.50</font>, BTN calls $9.35 and is All-In

CO: $13.40
BTN: $25.35
SB: $24.75
Hero (BB): $24.90
UTG: $19.25
MP: $38.95

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
4 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $1</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, SB calls $2.50

Flop: ($7) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4</font>, SB calls $4

Turn: ($15) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5

River: ($25) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $12.25 and is All-In</font>, Hero folds
Old 11-13-2007, 04:56 PM

Default Re: NL25 Hands, Thoughts on plays

1st Hand:
Seeing BTN limp on the BTN i'd consider him abit passive/loose (calling station).

Normally i wouldn't raise from the SB with AT (maybe a leak of mine [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

And on flop that minraise coming from a passive/loose player
is danger.
On the turn i'd just call since u have no fold equity at that point.

And if u feel he has a set/2pair (wich i think he has) and think a flush / 2nd pair on the river will give you the winner a call is better there.

I'd just fold the turn. Such plays as yours depend heavily on reads and you seem to provide none atm.
I think this hand is you on tilt.

Hand 2:
I Think you're being overly aggressive on these limits, most of the players are passive/weak and dont put much tought into table image.
I think a call is better on the flop.

Hand 3:
Thats a tough hand. I think you played it fine.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:26 PM

Lack of stats makes things a bit general, so my responses are how I think I'd play w/o reads.

Hand 1:

4BBs + 1BB/limper; maybe 1BB for being OOP. I usually fold ATo in SB but I hate people limping from the button like this so I'm happy to raise here also. 3bet the flop and b/f this turn.

Hand 2:

Probably fold to flop raise. Your not likely to get value when you do hit your draw here. I might even c/c flop w SS villan to ensure I'm able to get value when I do hit.

Hand 3:

If you call that turn, I think you have to call the river. In this spot however, I'm more likely to be wanting a 'small pot'. I wouldn't 3bet pf (I do suck with blind battles though).

My line here would more likely be call pf, bet flop (closer to 70-75% pot), fold turn.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:48 PM

Hand 1: too much action pre-flop, flop and turn.
Hand 2: fine, checking the flop is ok too
Hand 3: betting the flop is OK, but once he donks you on the turn, i fold.