Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 09:02 PM

Default Re: Steps on Stars

[ QUOTE ]
CharlieDontSurf,

I am unclear on where you stand on the current 18 man step 6 format. Please clarify.

Regards,

Calda

[/ QUOTE ]

They are awesome. actually I'd prefer Level 6 36 man sitngos that pay out spots 1-6.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:11 PM

SteveM:

Thanks for posting your approach on this - totally makes a ton of sense - I'm going to do the same approach to see how far i can get with buying 7 or so level 1's.

Plus cool to see the update on how many you bought, how many of these you advanced in...

Maybe let's start seeing some posts how other microdonks are doing too, as they creep up the steps? It'd be a cool long-term read to hopefully watch some of us eventually get to a step 6 - and maybe rail each other on our final steps...

So far, I've got 1 attempt at Step 1 with a win, having invested 500 FPP's. Go me.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:04 AM

waste of money.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:57 PM

Hey stars,

Any word on 1-table step 6s? I'm going to play either way hopefully, I would just like to know if it's being discussed/going to happen?

Also, there's a step 6 running now with Barry Greenstein and Bakes. Probably others but I'm not that familiar with names.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe let's start seeing some posts how other microdonks are doing too, as they creep up the steps? It'd be a cool long-term read to hopefully watch some of us eventually get to a step 6 - and maybe rail each other on our final steps...

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted earlier that I had made it to step 4 off a $7.50 step 1 buyin. Played it, got 4th, knocked down to step 3. Played another step 3, got a replay, then moved back into step 4 on the next one.

Just won my step 4, so step 5 is coming soon. Hopefully by the time I qualify for step 6, they'll have changed it to a single table.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:10 PM

Many posts are saying "I'll wait for the single table step 6..."

Is there any indication that they'll actually implement a single table step 6? or is it just wishful thinking on everybody's part?

OT
Old 10-18-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Is there any indication that they'll actually implement a single table step 6? or is it just wishful thinking on everybody's part?

OT

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the PS support people came into one of these Step threads and said it was probably going to happen sometime in the future...but they have been saying that about the MAC client for the last two years so not sure if it will ever happen anytime soon.

I also wonder if they are concerned that a single table STEP 6 would basically make the 18 man STEP 6 obsolete.

Not sure anyone beside people who thought they had a big edge would play them when with a 1 man you would be a lock to win something no matter where u finished.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

OT

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the PS support people came into one of these Step threads and said it was probably going to happen sometime in the future...but they have been saying that about the MAC client for the last two years so not sure if it will ever happen anytime soon.

I also wonder if they are concerned that a single table STEP 6 would basically make the 18 man STEP 6 obsolete.

Not sure anyone beside people who thought they had a big edge would play them when with a 1 man you would be a lock to win something no matter where u finished.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the current structure, more seats will be offered to the PCA.

That is the goal of steps. If they offered a 6-max winner take all, that's one thing, or a 9 max with 3 re-dos only and adjust the cost of rake to fit. But once you get to the final level, moving down to level 3 and 4 is absurd.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

OT

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With the current structure, more seats will be offered to the PCA.

That is the goal of steps. If they offered a 6-max winner take all, that's one thing, or a 9 max with 3 re-dos only and adjust the cost of rake to fit. But once you get to the final level, moving down to level 3 and 4 is absurd.

[/ QUOTE ]

The whole concept of the STEP system is players remain in the system either at the same level or below. Thus micro donks see it as a means for them to try for a big ticket item without a ton of risk...compared to say playing the $33 rebuy or DS etc. So a 1 table STEP 1 makes way more sense than a 2 table STEP 6. Most players who get to a STEP 6 then finish 4-18 will probably just stop playing them in general instead of starting over at LEVEL 1 or 2. In part because it ain't easy working your way up from the bottom rungs.

A 1 table STEP 6 keeps the majority of people who make it to that Level in the STEP system, thus giving them multiple shots at winning a ticket...either with another STEP 6 ticket or a STEP 4 or 5.

If the goal was to get as many people to the PCA they would run the $650 sats with [censored] of supersats into them like every other day. They wouldnt bother with STEPS
Old 10-18-2007, 03:56 PM

But for good sit n go players or people who will buy in at Level 5 or above the 18 man sats with 3 seats may be preferable.

*only say this because it seems like the majority of support for 1 table that pay out 1 prize package and the rest tickets is coming from people starting out at Level 1 and 2

Though with a 9 man table...its 1 seat and 2 do overs at Level 6. So its not that awful.