Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2007, 09:20 AM

Default Interesting hand versus WrongButton (400nl)

Villan is Wrongbutton kind of a nit, plays alot of tables and overall I view him as a solid reg. He probally views me as decent and that I 3x preflop more then usual TAGG.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Hero ($972.35)
Button ($668.30)
SB ($394)
BB ($188.90)
UTG ($94.70)
MP ($74)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $12</font>, Button calls $12, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($30) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $24</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $64</font>, Hero calls $40.

Turn: ($158) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: ($158) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $77</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $200</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $896.35</font>, (around $400 for him to call.)

my river raise was small and designed to induce him to raise with a boat. Personally I should have folded flop against him, but I figured hes not the type of player to fire 2 barrels so if he is just testing me on flop (which he rarey ever is) then I get a cheap showdown. Given hes pretty tight, I think he has 99 here hence river push. I'd have previously seen him 3bet JJ/KK so its very rarely gonna be JJ.

Results- Even though this hand might not have much value to how I played it (or does it?). It really annoyed me. He wasted his whole time bank (80+ secs) and then asked if I had it and I told him AQ. Supposedly he folded nines and I defenitely believe him. I am in shock I have never played with anyone who made a sick laydown like this. I am truly impressed and at same time annoyed [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. /off his nuts.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:46 AM

Default Re: Interesting hand versus WrongButton (400nl)

[img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2007, 09:50 AM

whats intersting about it? you identify a nit but then give him action with midpair. then you hit runner runner to outdraw his supposed set, and dont get action with your boat. i would be pretty upset about this hand.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
whats intersting about it? you identify a nit but then give him action with midpair. then you hit runner runner to outdraw his supposed set, and dont get action with your boat. i would be pretty upset about this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Obviously not proud of it and should have folded flop for sure, just annoyed he correctly laid down a set-fullhouse. Not really interesting, just a mixture of impressed and annoyed :-D. Yeah though this thread has little content probally should of posted it in cheese thread sorry.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:04 AM

Is that really a hard laydown against a good player? You aren't shoving a Queen.