Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2006, 05:53 AM

Default AQ early position - PLHE

hi,
interested how others would have played this hand.
no info on opponents.

Poker Room skin
Pot Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.10
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) hero is SB with : :
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $0.3</font>, 2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, 3 folds, hero calls, BB folds.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($1.3, 4 players)
hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $0.6</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $1.5</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($6.4, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets $2</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($12.4, 3 players)
hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks.

Results:
Final pot: $12.4

I wasn't sure about my decision pre-flop. I prefer folding or calling rather than raising, as at this level my opponents are usually going to call my reraise anyway and i'll be out of position for the hand.

maybe raising more on flop and checking on the turn would have been better.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:04 AM

Default Re: AQ early position - PLHE

I don't like the checkraise on the flop. There isn't any draw to protect against, and checkraising gets the pot bigger than it needs to to be. I lead out with a pot size bet on the flop and bet pot or half pot on following streets depending on whether I think I will be called down by a weak ace at this table given my opponents, my own table image, etc. I don't mind calling preflop but I'm a donk, and I have a feeling everybody else will tell you to raise.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:09 AM

Your opponents may call your raise if you make weak beats and raises as you have in this hand. pf raise up to the maximum 1.5ish I think, getting HU would be ideal, calling isn't too bad but folding would be terrible.

On the flop make a lead bet close to pot size, you don't have a good reason to c/r so you shouldn't it. Your raise size is also really weak a pot sized raise here would be to $4.3 raising to 1.5 is slightly more than a miniraise and it serves little purpose. leading betting is much better than a c'r though

Overall your line is far too passive, you are probably ahead and you failed to extract maximum value from the hand. On the turn you bet less than 1/3 of the pot, that's really weak the minimum you should bet is 1/2 in most situations, here closer to 2/3 up to the maximum would be better.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:22 AM

Reraise preflop.
Reraise at least pot-size on the flop.
On the turn, if bet, bet at least half the pot.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:18 AM

Why would you check the river. Do you realy think either of these guys would call a raise and a reraise on the flop with a 5,6 or a 9,T?????