Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: aba is my king
yers 59 60.20%
BASTARD 39 39.80%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Re: General Music Discussion Thread (a.k.a. indie lovefest)

[ QUOTE ]
Just over a week until Austin City Limits. Who's going?

[/ QUOTE ]
I considered it, but there really aren't *that* many acts there I want to see. And a lot of the ones I would want to see are playing at the same time (see LCD Soundsystem/MIA, The White Stripes/The Arcade Fire, and Wilco/My Morning Jacket).

So I decided to stay in DF-Dub and go see the National and St. Vincent instead.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:05 PM

I just finished listening to the newest Jens Lekman, "Night Falls over Kortedala," and it blew me away. Smart and funny, "A Postcard to Nina" is probably my favorite track, but the whole CD is fantastic. If you enjoyed any of his previous stuff, you'll love this.

Also, this thread turned me onto MIA, which I loved. Paper Planes is just sick.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:09 PM

Graduation is sick. Homecoming feat. Chris Martin is pretty much insane, as is CRS (which includes a sweet sample of Thom Yorke's lyrics.)

Any Aesop Rock fans? His newest album just dropped, it's pretty sweet. None Shall Pass.

p.s. Nath I'm eternally jealous. That's a solid lineup to say the least.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:00 PM

I guess I'm the first one here to see animal collective this tour... they were amazing. You guys who have tickets all have a mind-blowing concert to look forward to. During their encore they played fireworks, then went into essplode, then back to fireworks: it was probably the 10 best minutes of live music i've heard. Awesome.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:34 PM

This thread is awesome.

My contribution: Amusement Parks on Fire.
On MySpace

“This debut is not the prog of tedious old arseholes like Pink Floyd, but the shimmering beauty of Kevin Shields, with a side-kick of…Sigur Ros and Spiritualized. Lick ‘Venus in Cancer’ with its crashing layers of fractured noise tissue, or ‘Wiper,’ which sounds like the sun rising on the greatest night of your life.”
(NME)

“…I doubt anyone’s ears can claim to have received such a mélange that is equal measures sonic battery and aural beauty as Amusement Parks on Fire in recent times. Quite simply, this is a stunning debut record, a triumphant fanfare that heralds the arrival of yet another precocious young talent…”
(DrownedInSound.com)
Old 09-11-2007, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I'm the first one here to see animal collective this tour... they were amazing. You guys who have tickets all have a mind-blowing concert to look forward to. During their encore they played fireworks, then went into essplode, then back to fireworks: it was probably the 10 best minutes of live music i've heard. Awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh.......I cannot wait.

I've been spouting all kinds of hyperbole about these guys for a while. Pitchfork gave the album a 9.3 today.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:26 AM

I'm going tomorrow night [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh.......I cannot wait.

I've been spouting all kinds of hyperbole about these guys for a while. Pitchfork gave the album a 9.3 today.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I can't help myself from visiting pitchfork, I did think this was hilarious:

Pitchfork Gives Music 6.8
Old 09-11-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh.......I cannot wait.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read Pitchfork on a daily basis but let's not kid ourselves, they would have given Strawberry Jam a 9.3 if Animal Collective had left out the CD and just filled jewel cases with actual strawberry jam.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh.......I cannot wait.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read Pitchfork on a daily basis but let's not kid ourselves, they would have given Strawberry Jam a 9.3 if Animal Collective had left out the CD and just filled jewel cases with actual strawberry jam.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I was actually expecting the review to be lower than what it deserved simply because of the hype surrounding the album. Pitchfork LOVES to serve as hype-crushers.
Closed Thread