Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What Percentage of your Net Worth is it?
0-20% 41 23.56%
20-40% 13 7.47%
40-60% 23 13.22%
60-80% 16 9.20%
80-100% 11 6.32%
BASTARD 70 40.23%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2007, 07:15 PM

Default Re: Commercials that make you NOT buy the product

The Visa "cash is slow" commericals.

AEGRKJHGLDSKHSEF! Seriuosly TILT. I will never ever use a Visa check-card. NO CASH WILL NOT MESS UP YOUR PERFECT LITTLE LINE OF PRANCING SANDWICH BUYERS AND NO IT WILL NOT MAKE ME SWITCH TO NEW FAST FOOD PLACE.

/life tilt
Old 08-16-2007, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im pretty sure that since most of the commercials come from the money that big tobbaco had to give up, that there is a conspircay to have them be so bad that it makes people smoke.

[/ QUOTE ]

holy crap dude, thats brilliant. I think you might be on to something
Old 08-16-2007, 07:27 PM

Subway commercials.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The cell phone commercials where the parent and the kids argue with eachother, but say the opposite of what they would "normally" say to each other. [censored] off Verizon/cingular/t-mobile. Not all kids talk to their parents like [censored], cause if they did they'd get smacked up side the head.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first one they made with the mother and daughter was not horrible, but the new one with the father and son is blood-boiling.

[ QUOTE ]
The commercial where everyone starts yawning. If I had more than one TV in my house I'd throw my shoe through the screen every god damn time it comes on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this [censored] commercial makes me and my wife yawn like crazy every time it comes on. We literally turn off the TV for thirty seconds as soon as we see it come on - but it's always too late and we start yawning anyway. Just typing the word yawn is making me yawn right now. And I'll bet reading it is making you yawn.

The key that really proves that these commercials suck is that I have no idea which phone company the first one is for and I don't even know what the second one is advertising. That's not good. You want a cheap commercial that gets your brand name stuck in my head, watch the buy.com commercial with the song (or even the one with the founder sitting on the building). They're not that interesting, but I remember who it's for and I don't hate them for it.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:43 PM

any commercial for food that can't make the food look good. How hard could that be? Wendy's hamburger ads come to mind...
Old 08-16-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Saw the title, thought of "Head On", see 2 other posts about it.

So damn annoying.

T

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-16-2007, 07:48 PM

any food commercial that amps up the disgusting noise of people eating - like the older Wendy's spots that told you it was supossed to be messy.

There's a Degree anti-perspirant campaign on TV right now that is absolutely one of the worst I have ever seen. Various unnatractive men go into their bathrooms and apply gloopy underarm gell in amazing Cloe-up. The sound effects are pretty gross, too. Who is this commercial trying to sell to? If you want men to buy a hygiene product, use PRETTY GIRLS. Not disgusting, hairy, sticky and messy armpits. Period.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:48 PM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost

I have to say, I'm neutral towards the Sonic commercials and I liked both the spongmonkeys and the Vitamin Water commercials. The worst of the worst, though, are the Truth ads. The only time in my life that I've ever wanted to smoke is immediately after watching one of those ads. I wonder if the tobacco companies aren't using those as a part of the class-action lawsuit settlement, so they can bring back some of their money by inspiring new smokers.

In fact, just about any PSA nowadays sucks. Some of you seem to think that they were good at one point; if that's true it as definitely before my time.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:52 PM

Those volkswagen commericals where the family/friends are just chilling and all of a sudden BOOM, they get blindsided. This commercial just makes me want to avoid being in a car, not run out and buy a jetta.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:52 PM

there's also a commercial on now where everyone starts yawning, making that awful yawning noise....I have no idea what it's for because I nearly kill myself jumping on the remote so I can change it fast enough before my head explodes.