Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 02:13 PM

Default Re: This forum has 3 months to live without a split

Agree. Make it 200nl+ 100nl- plz.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im all for a split, but we all know we are wasting our time on this topic. This thread will go for a week and there wont be a split until we get more traffic on the forum. Get more high limit posters and you will see a split for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

This forum has the highest traffic out of any under PL/NL iirc.

High stakes full ring players are posting in the Med/High stakes forums because of the perception that this forum is overpopulated with uNL players. Believe that.

A split will encourage traffic.

Also, Epipen, I feel that 400nl is a pretty significant jump from 200nl and in the best interest of traffic it's best to start there if we do a split into Full Ring Med/High and Full ring Low/uNL
Old 11-19-2007, 02:15 PM

Yes please split.

I'd say NL200 or NL400 and above. I don't think there is enough people playing higher to split it at NL600.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Agree. Make it 200nl+ 100nl- plz.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-19-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im all for a split, but we all know we are wasting our time on this topic. This thread will go for a week and there wont be a split until we get more traffic on the forum. Get more high limit posters and you will see a split for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

High stakes full ring players are posting in the Med/High stakes forums because of the perception that this forum is overpopulated with uNL players. Believe that.

Also, Epipen, I feel that 400nl is a pretty significant jump from 200nl and in the best interest of traffic it's best to start there if we do a split into Full Ring Med/High and Full ring Low/uNL

[/ QUOTE ]

In the last split thread the main issue was the fact that we didnt have that much traffic. I dont read the uNL/SS/MS/HS much so I wouldnt really know how traffic compares. I am just basing what I think will happen on what happened last time. Trust me I would love a split if it attract more high limit posters to this forum. And also more uNL that are afraid to post.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:19 PM

I don't have access to the traffic from various forums, but I would be interested to know what the MTT strat. forum was before and after they split it. The same debate went on over there for about 6 months before they finally split it.

The new High Stakes MTT forum is excellent and from what I can tell the lower stakes forum still has a lot of traffic. I'm sure a lot of micro MTT guys lurk and benefit from the increased # of posts from good posters since the High Stakes forum was created. Posters like bakes, gobboboy, zeejustin etc. had stopped posting strat. since the forum(pre split) had gotten diluted with noob strat posts that kept getting asked over and over. Now that there is a high stakes forum I would guess the overall volume of traffic between the 2 forums is considerably higher than it was pre split.

So in summary I am highly in favor of at least 2 forums.

Body Man D
Old 11-19-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have access to the traffic from various forums, but I would be interested to know what the MTT strat. forum was before and after they split it. The same debate went on over there for about 6 months before they finally split it.

The new High Stakes MTT forum is excellent and from what I can tell the lower stakes forum still has a lot of traffic. I'm sure a lot of micro MTT guys lurk and benefit from the increased # of posts from good posters since the High Stakes forum was created. Posters like bakes, gobboboy, zeejustin etc. had stopped posting strat. since the forum(pre split) had gotten diluted with noob strat posts that kept getting asked over and over. Now that there is a high stakes forum I would guess the overall volume of traffic between the 2 forums is considerably higher than it was pre split.

So in summary I am highly in favor of at least 2 forums.

Body Man D

[/ QUOTE ]

IF BODY MAN D WANTS IT THEN WE MUST HAVE IT.

SPLIT NOW.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?
Old 11-19-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am out of touch with 200nl and even 400nl as I haven't played either in over 2 years (and it's been like 3 years since I played 200nl) so I don't know how they play today compared to 2-3 years ago. All I know is when I played they were so different than 600nl+ it wasn't even funny and I have a feeling that is still true.

Personally based on the style of play I think we should have 100nl and below, 200-400nl, and 600nl+. Obviously for me that is ideal and I will admit I am out of touch on how anything lower than 600nl plays in todays world, so if anyone could fill me in who has played these limits recently it would help. However I do agree that any type of split imo would be much much much better than it is now.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thought that was the case.