Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 01:08 AM

Default Re: This forum has 3 months to live without a split

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm coming around to the concept of at least giving it a shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Berge for mod!!

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, I think he'd be good at it.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:09 AM

It makes up for my lack of poker skills
Old 11-20-2007, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This goes both ways, with low-stakes players giving their two cents on a NL200 hand w/o grasping concepts and a NL200 regular commenting on a NL25 hand of "get it all in

[/ QUOTE ]

as a 200 player, that has played some nl25, the "get it all in" advice tends to be correct
Old 11-20-2007, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This goes both ways, with low-stakes players giving their two cents on a NL200 hand w/o grasping concepts and a NL200 regular commenting on a NL25 hand of "get it all in

[/ QUOTE ]

as a 200 player, that has played some nl25, the "get it all in" advice tends to be correct

[/ QUOTE ]

yea just watch his videos...its pretty sick how correct it is.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:44 AM

Where to split should be based on having a quality forum, not traffic levels. 2+2s marginal cost doesn't change depending on the amount of traffic in a new forum.

Moving FR posts to a FR forum is a good idea someone posted above. If we add a mid/high stakes forum they won't have much reason to complain about having posts moved to the correct forum.

I think where to post $1/2 NL live is an issue. They should probably be posting in a microstakes FR forum, based on quality of play. Even if that means more complex instructions about where to post.

I'm new here (hope to post much more in the future) but I do see a quality problem. Lots of noise and low-value posts. I realize this is a problem over all of 2+2, but I'd presumed forums for specific games would be a lot higher quality. Anything that could be done to reward good posters and penalize noise would help.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:00 AM

its stupid how the possible split seems to be treated like a huge move by the authorities. like, say we split the forum, and the split wasnt for the best (i doubt it, but its possible). then we go back to the way it was. holy [censored] [censored] that would be a [censored] disaster huh. instead, lets argue it to death and come up with all the pros and cons, when the only way were gonna know for sure is to actually do it
Old 11-20-2007, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
its stupid how the possible split seems to be treated like a huge move by the authorities. like, say we split the forum, and the split wasnt for the best (i doubt it, but its possible). then we go back to the way it was. holy [censored] [censored] that would be a [censored] disaster huh. instead, lets argue it to death and come up with all the pros and cons, when the only way were gonna know for sure is to actually do it

[/ QUOTE ]

yea fo real
Old 11-20-2007, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Threads started in the last week:

400NL - 8
200NL - 30
100NL - 47
50NL - 70
25NL - 36
10NL - 19
5NL - 3
Live - 8

[/ QUOTE ]I don't think this is a good measuring tool either. A lot of $200+ regulars say that they'd post alot more if the forum was split. Mr. Donk and SABR42 come to mind but there have been many more that have said the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

[/ QUOTE ]

+2

[/ QUOTE ]

+3 if it's split to 400nl+

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, 400nl is a great split, but it isn't feasible. Me, GM, Renton, you, too eazy, qtip, skydancing ????..I think that is all the regular posters that even play 400nl, and most don't actually post here very much.

FWIW, I do not post strat here anymore. It isn't worth it for the crap I have to wade through and the crappy responses tilt me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Sorry to diss anyone here as everyone on that list is better than me(the 400nl+ list), but some of the players at the lower levels just don't get it yet, and going over complete basics gets old.

If we had a split, I would post hands for discussions as well as start posting in others' discussions. I think it would have to be 200+ for me to really get excited now that I think about it, but 100nl+ might have to be because of traffic reasons. Regardless it would be nice for a split and I would try to participate more in useful [censored] instead of [censored] around all the time like I do.