[ QUOTE ]
This is absolutely a check behind.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-18-2007, 07:10 PM

Default Re: Thin river value HU ($1/1)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Results: I checked back and he turned over KQJ2 no spades, and he would almost certainly have called a pot-sized bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad you didn't what he had. Would've been easy pot-sized bet on the river if he would have flipped his hand over right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you claiming that I'm being results-oriented? I guess you are, and you couldn't be more wrong. Thinking about this hand a little more, my opinion is that a half-pot bet on the river is fine, as others have stated as long as I'm willing to call a checkraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know your post smelled like "I should've bet because he had this" but with the information you gave us it was already clear that he would call you light.
And that he really couldn't have a flush draw here (he wont call twice with naked non-nut fd) (and if he had tp+nut fd/fd+straight draws he wouldnt just call twice) with eliminates a lot of drawing hands for him to have, which in turn leads to him having a made hand here often.
Now if you had the information that he would peel flops with midpair (and gutter or w/e) it would make for an easier river bet. But the way its played and with the information available its definitely a check behind. His most likely hand is 2p with Ax and you can't beat many of those. Valuebetting vs bare ace is very thin though, but I'd rather save that money since you already bet twice.