Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 06:19 PM

Default Re: An incident with a dealer...

OP is a dumbass having to ask other people on an internet message board if he should make notice to the floor of dealer stealing from him. Grow some balls wussy.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What game was this? This looks suspicious, but it is also possible someone brought some white to a game that white doesn't normally play in. He should not be doing this, but it is possible that he held his last tip off to the side to buy white with when they went into the pot (maybe the rack was full). The reason I tell dealers to never do this sort of thing is it appears they are stealing if someone only sees part of the transaction.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a 5/5 game, and several players often limp with 5 whites so there are often 10 or more in the pot.

This was one of the shadier dealers, and I don't see the reasoning behind not tipping the red itself as dealers are often thrown reds/greens and they immediately throw it in their box.

Also, if this were the case why wouldn't he immediately make change and throw the whites in his tip box? He waited until someone won the pot, and it was pushed and then quickly put them into his box w/o tapping. He made it almost look as if the whites were the rake as far as placement, and timing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't get me wrong there is a good chance he was stealing something; I was just pointing that there might have been a innocent (but misguided) reason he was doing it.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:41 PM

Not a pussy, but is $5-10 worth ruining someone's job and livelyhood?

An even better option would be to explain to him why I'll never tip him again, and that I won't hesitate to go to the floor the next time I see it.

This would probably save me hundreds of dollars in tips in the long run.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. But stealing from people most certainly is.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is $5-10 worth ruining someone's job and livelyhood?

[/ QUOTE ]

if they deserve it yes, i am all for punishing people for what they did, assuming he did steal from you he knew what he was doing and knew it was wrong, let him burn for it
Old 10-28-2007, 07:11 PM

You should have told the floor immediately. As you mentioned, it was only a few dollars, but someone who is willing to steal $10 from you is certainly willing to steal more if given the opportunity to do so. Situations such as this affect the integrity of the game.

You would not have had to make a public display of your complaint; I suggest that if you find yourself in this situation again, you discreetly notify the floorperson.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:18 PM

As RR stated this MIGHT be a circumstance wherein you didn't see the entire transaction. It sounds like he was up to something. Most rooms have a defined procedure; push the pot, kill the hand, move the button, drop the rake, lock up the toke.... when you see a "sneaky" change in this, something is out of whack.

When you are legitimately suspicious, you must go to the floor and voice that suspicion( something JDLR, "just doesn't look right") and let them investigate.

Be careful making an absolute accusation, especially AT the table ("That dealer is stealing"), as you might be wrong, i have seen this happen several times.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:47 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

It sounds weird because most of the places I have played, they have a little cup fastened to the table to place the tokes and when they have five whites in the cup, they color up and put a red in their box. They don't want their tip box to get filled up with white.

I think Tunica and Vegas is the only place I remember seeing dealers put their tokes in a shirt pocket, which I assume they empty between downs.

If the dealer colored up to red, I probably wouldn't notice but coloring down doesn't make any sense, based upon my experience.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:00 PM

I think your best option is to approach the floor and ask him what's up. If it's some strange procedure they have, he'll explain it. If the dealer is stealing, hopefully the floor will watch him and take care of it. If the floor can't explain why the dealer is doing it, and the practice continues, you could either notify the LA State Police or just find another place to play if you're not willing to get involved.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

An even better option would be to explain to him why I'll never tip him again, and that I won't hesitate to go to the floor the next time I see it.

This would probably save me hundreds of dollars in tips in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chances are the dealer has done this several times, so it's going to be more then five or ten dollars. This could easily amount to thousands.