Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 09-17-2007, 07:17 AM

Default NL200 combo draw vs. 2 opponents

<font color="blue">Reads:
MP2 is 27/1.5/0.5 He's very much like your typical B&amp;M player, knows what hands to see the flop with but not so hot postflop. He previously table coached me a good amount for calling a reraise w/ 54s.

Button is 29/11/1.3. He's not bad postflop. I have seen him bet hard with made hands to make people pay for their loose calling.</font>

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG ($116.70)
<font color="#C00000">MP ($182.95)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Button ($208.65)</font>
Hero ($219.20)
BB ($508.55)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $2, Button calls $2, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($8) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, BB folds, MP calls $8, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $64</font>, Hero....?

Okay, so it's $56 to call and there is $88 in there.

I thought forever and folded worried that my flush outs may well be no good with the loose passive back there calling my $8, and it was obvious I had no fold equity vs. button, and he might have a set, which kills a lot of my outs, too.

Agree or disagree?

Edited to correct math on pot.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:25 AM

Default Re: NL200 combo draw vs. 2 opponents

Easy fold. Button is going nowhere, and MP's most likeley hand is a FD or a hand like KJ/QJ.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Easy fold. Button has a set, and MP's most likeley hand is a FD or a hand like KJ/QJ.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-17-2007, 08:40 AM

I hate the flop lead.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate the flop lead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, in a raised pot I would probably checkraise here a lot. But in a limped pot, I'm betting because both of them are folding a lot of the time. And I don't think we can count on guys this passive to bet very often if I check to them.

If you're advocating check-call instead of check-raise, then we have an inherent philosophical difference. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thoughts?
Old 09-17-2007, 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hate the flop lead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, in a raised pot I would probably checkraise here a lot. But in a limped pot, I'm betting because both of them are folding a lot of the time. And I don't think we can count on guys this passive to bet very often if I check to them.

If you're advocating check-call instead of check-raise, then we have an inherent philosophical difference. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]
The flop lead is standard. If it had been I raised pot I would bet/3-bet ai unless stacksizes are good for a simple crai which they rarely are when we're 100bb deep.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate the flop lead.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, please, someone else recommended that you lurk in microstakes for a while and I am going to second that. Its great that you are so enthusiastic about contributing to strat threads but unfortunately you are way off the mark 99% of the time. This isnt meant to be a personal attack, just a friendly suggestion.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:25 AM

Thanks for the input, gentlemen.

Results, just for fun: <font color="white">MP2 and BTN get it all in. MP2 has AA of all things, and BTN had J5 for flopped 2 pair. My spade comes on the river and I cry.

I was pretty sure I did the right thing, though, and you guys confirmed that, so thanks. See y'all at the tables. </font>
Old 09-17-2007, 09:27 AM

yeah still easy fold though and the flop lead is so standard it's sick
Old 09-17-2007, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hate the flop lead.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, please, someone else recommended that you lurk in microstakes for a while and I am going to second that. Its great that you are so enthusiastic about contributing to strat threads but unfortunately you are way off the mark 99% of the time. This isnt meant to be a personal attack, just a friendly suggestion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Third that...