Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 12:14 AM

Default Rescue Me: What the [censored] Happened to this Show?

Am I alone in being completely disappointed with the show this season? Next week is the Season Finale and there is nothing that needs to be resolved, no cliffhanger, nothing. I mean it is Rescue Me, so someone could always get trapped in a fire as the season ends, but who cares?

Lou: I am getting very tired of Lou's sexcapades. The nun, now this fat black chick Latrina with the whole food thing. It's completely tired and has been done about 10 times with him.

Sean: So tonight's episode he banged some chick. So he's over his marriage? He's pretending to be an alcoholic. I care, why?

Franco: His relationship crumbled way too fast, then the girl is dating someone, then she's headed to Chicago. Then she wants him to take care of her retarded brother? He doesn't even see his daughter, but he'll do this?

Sheila/Wife/Baby: He sold the baby to Sheila. Then the wife got it back. But he kept the money. Now the wife has a job and is dating some guy that is supposed to be intimidating to Tommy but isn't hot and zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Older daughter: Wow, dating the rock singer didn't work out. Pisses me off how he is just like, "here's a car, here's this", etc. You knew exactly where this was going, it went there, and provided nothing along the way.

I honestly cannot think of one interesting storyline that is leaving me wondering how it will resolve. The show went from my favorite current TV show, up there all-time, to subpar over the course of half a season.

Is everyone else still enjoying the show as usual, or is this pretty much how everyone feels?
Old 09-06-2007, 12:53 AM

Default Re: Rescue Me: What the [censored] Happened to this Show?

i stopped watching last season..used to love it
Old 09-06-2007, 01:14 AM

I'm sort of in the same boat as you, but I have been going out every Wednesday this summer so I have to watch it either on Friday or Sunday. I have missed a couple episodes, but I don't think they were very important. I did think the shows that involved the Chief were very good, but other than that, it has been very subpar. It used to be a huge deal if I missed a show, but now it doesn't seem like that big a deal. It's really hard to top the story lines and outrageousness of the past seasons. (I missed tonight's episode)
Old 09-06-2007, 01:43 AM

I didn't read the OP or responses, just the subject line, because eventually I plan on getting around to watching the last 5 episodes that I have sitting on my DVR. But yes, this used to be a show that I couldn't wait for Wednesdays for, but this season has been so bad that I was considering making a post asking if it's worth it to finish it up.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:58 AM

So true. The first season was great, the second was OK, and now it's just ridiculous. Self-parody at this point.

Still, it's a great intro song.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:01 AM

Yeah, by far the worst season.... I thought it was cause I had such high expectations going in... but I guess not.

God does anyone ooooooze sex more than Gina Gershon though. Holy [censored] do I wanna [censored] the living [censored] out of her. She's not beautiful, but sex appeal she has in spades.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:04 AM

I thought the third season was also good. It's always had a perfect mix of comedy and drama, but this season I can't think of any instances of either (although I've only seen the first half), just situations that are so ridiculous I can't tell if it was supposed to be funny or serious. Character development sucks too, I never could figure out if that one Tommy stalker Sheila was dating was obsessed or jealous.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

God does anyone ooooooze sex more than Gina Gershon though. Holy [censored] do I wanna [censored] the living [censored] out of her. She's not beautiful, but sex appeal she has in spades.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah she is unbelievably sexy, but her character is annoying. Oh, another female character that is smoking hot, obsessed with Tommy, has some weird sex thing, and acts all in control.

Isn't this just a hotter redo of the volunteer firefighter lady? and that was this season! ughh....
Old 09-06-2007, 08:04 AM

I'm not as down on it as you, but yeah this season isn't great. I will never miss an episode, though.

Even though it's lacking good plot, it still has it's share of great individual scenes. Sean absolutely cracks me up. I'm blanking on some, but there have been a few really cool scenes just from an artistic perspective. A couple weeks ago there was what looked to be a continuous shot of about 3 minutes straight with Tommy and Lou walking through a burned out building. I didn't spot any cuts in that scene - it was amazing. There was another one I liked earlier in the year when they all were in some building and the floor collapsed. It went to slo-mo and had a cool song playing over it.

Anyway, yeah, it's way down this year but I still love the characters. And I still want to bone Janet/Sheila/Gershon/Esposito.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:28 AM

CrazyEyez,

No love for Latrina?

Yeah I still watch it every week, look forward to it, and enjoy it. It's just that it used to not only have the funny little two minute segments, or the cool artistic fire scenes, or the talking to dead people, but there were storylines tying all those together. Maybe it is because his battle with alcohol and whatnot isn't burning on the surface as much as it used to. Usually shows build up to something for the season finale, but here, if they hadn't said "next week is the Season Finale", I would have thought this was the midseason lull and I'd be waiting for it to pick up steam.

Hopefully, Nip/Tuck moving to LA in October as well as Always Sunny starting next week will keep me hooked on FX til Rescue Me comes back next season and gets back in shape.