Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 03-07-2007, 08:58 AM

Default Re: ZODIAC

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting tidbit for those that have seen the movie.

<font color="white">
I spoke briefly to Robert Graysmith, the author of the two Zodiac books as well as the real-life guy Gyllenhaal plays in the film. He told me about the day he went to meet -- stare at, confront -- suspected Zodiac killer Arthur Leigh Allen, and how Allen later pulled alongside his parked car when he was in the driver's seat -- so close Graysmith couldn't have opened his door if he tried -- and just idled and eyeballed him, oozing malevolence.
</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

this is crazy
Old 03-07-2007, 09:04 AM

Also, if I was graysmith I would have been so tempted to kidnap and kill allen, then carve a big Zodiac symbol into his chest.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i really dont understand the ppl saying it was bad/boring.

[/ QUOTE ]

dave, we live in a society where "wild hogs" is a smashing success. of course some of that 'taste' will spill over to posting forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol at people talking about Zodiac as if its the pinnacle of cinematic accomplishment, and those that didnt enjoy it must be lazy minded morons.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:33 AM

A few questions I have on the movie, which i thought was fairly good, who was the caller that called in on that t.v. show, someone posing as the zodiac? Next the man that did all of the posters and had the basement, was that just a part of the movie to twist it and make you wonder who it really was? It seemed like it was him all of the sudden when he started to act weird.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok here is what I dont get, I just watched the zodiac (2005) a few weeks ago cause i was really bored and it was on demand. Then I see a preview for this and I'm like wtf didnt they just make that movie. Different actors but exact same story and everything only two years later. I refuse to see the new one just out of principle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same with Capote and In Cold Blood. Who knows...those crazy hollywood people....
Old 03-07-2007, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A few questions I have on the movie, which i thought was fairly good, who was the caller that called in on that t.v. show, someone posing as the zodiac?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. You can actually watch the real footage on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL0cyzrQGQg

[ QUOTE ]
Next the man that did all of the posters and had the basement, was that just a part of the movie to twist it and make you wonder who it really was? It seemed like it was him all of the sudden when he started to act weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

The scene had three functions, IMO: to frighten, to cast doubt on Leigh's guilt, and to show the dangerous situations that Graysmith was putting himself into. I would guess that the chances of a civilian investigator being murdered by Zodiac would be pretty high.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:10 AM

Great movie. It had a certain style/flow that I can't pinpoint but was really enjoyable. Def did not feel like 3 hours.And yes this is not an "action" movie. What an incredible story. How bizarre it must have been to live through that. Couple of comments:
<font color="white"> The ending was as satisfying as it could have been considering the facts of the story. Yeah it would have been great to nail the guy, but I liked it better knowing they didn't rewrite history. Very well done.

And how insane that Allen dies naturally a month after Mageau fingers him in the photo lineup! (I knew next to nothing about this case going in.) Though if they didn't find conclusive evidence in his residence after death, they probably never would have got a confession out of him anyway.</font>