Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 03-03-2007, 05:21 PM

Default Re: ZODIAC

Some observations

1. Good movie, but very different style than most today. It seemed 30 minutes too long although I'm not sure which parts I would cut from the movie.

2. A lot of people will hate this movie, it's just not going to appeal to everyone. It's slow at parts and since it's based on fact the story doesn't flow like a typical thriller.

3. Anthony Edwards looked really young in this movie it seems. Anyone else think this?

4. Minkus from boy meets world is in the opening scene and that is awesome.
Old 03-03-2007, 05:48 PM

This movie is not worth seeing at all. Way too long and the story is just not good enough to keep you attentive. Ending is terrible and leaves you wondering why you just watched JG rush around like a madman for years. The acting is good though, and the comic relief (which is constant throughout) is a nice touch that worked well. There's just nothing interesting going on.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:33 PM

wow some very diverse opinions. was thinking about seeing this tonight...eh?
Old 03-03-2007, 11:12 PM

Excellent film, Fincher comes thru yet again.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:51 AM

Worst movie I've ever seen. I was begging my friends to leave the theatre for the entire last half but we didn't. I'd rather die than see it again.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:56 AM

I was very bored. They stuck too closely to the true story which made it very slow when there was no murdering going on.

The murder scenes were extremely well done.
One of them particularly got to me.. Spoiler : <font color="white">The part where the couple are tied up and stabbed in broad daylight at lake Berryessa. I took a girl there before on a day just like that. This scene really puts me on edge to imagine. </font>
Old 03-05-2007, 05:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Worst movie I've ever seen. I was begging my friends to leave the theatre for the entire last half but we didn't. I'd rather die than see it again.

[/ QUOTE ]

check out Wild Hogs..its awesome
Old 03-05-2007, 12:17 PM

They stuck too closely to the true story which made it very slow when there was no murdering going on.

Zodiac is a very good movie. It sounds like you were more interested in seeing Se7en again instead of this movie.

The murders are only one aspect of this movie. At its heart it is a police procedural - not a slasher flick.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:11 PM

I thought this was a good movie. Although it felt long at times I felt like the story was a little rushed in it's resolution. As someone already mentioned, I'm really not sure where you could cut anything out, and you can't really make this movie any longer.
I liked the opening scene taking place on July 4th (1969?). The 4th of July is one piece of Americana that I really enjoy seeing on film. Although I wasn't alive for that time period (born in 81), I felt like it was well done. It's also interesting to see the police departments and offices operating without any computers.

Typically I enjoy the "police procedural" movies. I'm guessing anyone who is into that will like this movie, and would love Graysmith's books.

I saw this with 9 people and everyone agreed it was good, but about half the group seemed put off by how long it was. If the story did a better job of really pulling you in I would say this was a graet movie. The acting, and detail to the period were still enough to make me really enjoy it.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This movie is not worth seeing at all. Way too long and the story is just not good enough to keep you attentive. Ending is terrible and leaves you wondering why you just watched JG rush around like a madman for years. The acting is good though, and the comic relief (which is constant throughout) is a nice touch that worked well. There's just nothing interesting going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea spot on, wayyyyyy too long. The first hour was good though