Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2006, 09:40 PM

Default Re: Allen Iverson

[ QUOTE ]
Since most of the early talk seemed to be centering around the Wolves, here's what the trade would probably look like:

Randy Foye - 3 mil/yr (rookie contract)
Ricky Davis - 6 mil/yr, (contract up in '08)

One of the following players, whose contracts aren't up until 2010, would also have to be thrown in to balance the salaries.

Mark Blount - 6 mil/yr
Troy Hudson - 6 mil/yr
Marco Jaric - 7 mil/yr

This trade makes sense from the Wolves perspective, but not so much for the Sixers. They get Foye and some cap room in '08, but they also would have to take on an overpaid player for the next 4 years, in the form of Jaric, Hudson or Blount.

I think Philly could probably get more elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree with this. Definitely if this trade happens Randy Foye (2.5 mill) a year is going to go, along with Ricky Davis (6 mill). Next is probably either Hudson (5.5 mill) or Jaric (5.5 mill) since Philly's going to need a PG. I doubt they take Blount (6 mill) because he is overpaid and they have Dalembert. The last piece is probably going to be Eddie Griffin (3 mill), or maybe Hassell (4 mill). They might be able to get a better player somewhere else, but I don't think they'll be able to get an overall solid but not great package like this from any other team.
Old 12-09-2006, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The Lakers could offer Odom + Bynum and maybe Mihm.

[/ QUOTE ]I know that you're probably just saying this because it makes sense from the 76ers perspective, but theres no way this happens imo. The Lakers are very happy right now imo, and they're not giving up those 2 players unless they get a dominant big man in return such as Garnett.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya I don't think it will either, I was just throwing out some names. I don't see him in Chicago either. If Skiles thinks Ben Wallace's headband is a problem...although I think that deal actually makes sense the most for both teams since the Bulls would probably make the finals with A.I this year.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:47 PM

DALLAS GONNA GET EM YEAH!!!
Old 12-09-2006, 08:04 PM

FWIW. I don't see a SINGLE source anywhere on the net with the Mavericks even interested except that one article in this thread. I find that odd.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW. I don't see a SINGLE source anywhere on the net with the Mavericks even interested except that one article in this thread. I find that odd.

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe cuban admitted he was after AI but he said devin harris was not on the market.

wtf is so special about devin harris?
Old 12-09-2006, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe cuban admitted he was after AI but he said devin harris was not on the market.

wtf is so special about devin harris?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a very young, very raw athlete. He's in his third year and has improved a ton each year. I fully expect him to be a very good PG in the league for a long time. He's also a really nice guy, I've partied with him several times.</brag>
Old 12-10-2006, 04:54 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/09/sports...amp;oref=slogin

to me this is looking more and more like a multi-team deal, maybe the mavs can get Pierce lol [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2006, 08:08 PM

another problem with the sixers is that they have a max of 15 players on their roster..they're gonna have to make some cuts..obviously they can't just cut AI and get nothing in return. they shoudl just trade him to the knicks
Old 12-11-2006, 03:03 PM

I am willing to put up money. I am fairly sure he is going to be traded to sacramento for mike bibby and some expiring contracts.

Look for Bibby and Webber to be reunited....and Sixers to win the Atlantic. Korver and Igoudala will bust out career years and they are one of the few teams that will challenge the Heat cause they actually have centers in Dalembert and Hunter.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:13 PM

I'm a Kings fan, I definitely think AI is better than Bibby but I'm not sure if this will help the team out. I guess it could work. Artest and AI, but will have to see.

I think the team will have to give up a first rounder (I don't have a problem with that especially if we keep drafting skinny swing players). But what the team really needs is a shot blocker. I'd like to move Brad Miller for someone who can plug up the lane if we are going to pull a deal like this.

Personally I'd like to avoid trading Artest and Martin in this deal. I don't think Artest is on the move, but Martin is the teams future and I don't think I want to see them give him up for AI, eventhough AI is a ton more talented.