Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Old 11-20-2007, 06:43 PM

Default Re: Absolute Poker and Disney

[ QUOTE ]
however there is absolutely no way of knowing without concrete proof to show AP. So unless you have some there's not much to be gained from this angle.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol,

AP has that proof or could find it if they wanted to. AP is not sharing unless they have to. AP is not trying to send anyone to jail. I dont play at AP.

that is all [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2007, 07:08 PM

How about doing some research, such as looking at the sessions you played prior to the period of time during which the cheating was possible? Maybe look at the stats that exhibited during both types of sessions? Compare between the sessions for which AP admitted you were cheated and the other sessions.

Right now you are making an *entirely baseless* request that AP give you more money. Why would they give it to you? If you honestly think you were cheated, one would imagine that some actual effort would go into trying to show that the cheating occurred (aside from firing off an email and making some vague internet posts).
Old 11-20-2007, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My question to Calvin is are you American? Canadian? Most countries consider online gambling illegal even if they still allow you to play. Therefore you have no legal recourse anyway and your actually breaking the law.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. Online poker is legal in most American states.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:27 PM

You should just make the argument that you have poor tilt control and in the sessions you lost money to the cheaters, it caused you to play worse vs regulars and stay longer vs regulars cuz the cheaters made you stuck and you had to try to get unstuck and you only got further stuck.

I think the most compelling question you have is if 1.6M got paid out and $800,000 was the only cheated money, then where did the other $800,000 go if you only got paid $1.01 on the dollar. It does seem like if those two numbers are accurate, you should've gotten a little higher than that. Or at the least, an explanation regarding those two numbers. To me it seems like a legitimate question that AP shouldn't ignore.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:37 PM

This is very true.....no one afaik has been overpayed, but many under.

The only thing i know they did was refund the tourney buy in for anyone who played the cheated tournies...but that sure as hell wasnt 800k
Old 11-20-2007, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the following months, I was cheated out of a substantial sum of money at the AP high limit tables. I do not believe that Absolute Poker has sufficiently compensated me for my damages related to the cheating, nor do I believe that the company has repaired the breach of trust caused by the cheating and subsequent corporate response.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, they haven't properly compensated me as well and I'm getting jack [censored] but canned replies from them now.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you think "the amount refunded to me seems to be in the ballpark of my PokerTracker losses to the acknowledged accounts on the acknowledged days" then i guess you're unhappy with the so called "interest" that everyone received? If this is the case then why do you think you deserve more than everyone else got? Or do you think everyone else should be getting more "interest" aswell?

[/ QUOTE ]

I absolutely think that it is the case that all cash game players deserve compensation above and beyond the strict PokerTracker net losses+10% interest formula Absolute Poker is currently employing.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You should just make the argument that you have poor tilt control and in the sessions you lost money to the cheaters, it caused you to play worse vs regulars and stay longer vs regulars cuz the cheaters made you stuck and you had to try to get unstuck and you only got further stuck.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't too far from the truth. It is hard to quantify exactly how much the cheating players affected my play versus other players, but they most definitely did, and the net result was a greater loss than that PokerTracker attributes as directly lost to the cheating players.

[ QUOTE ]
I think the most compelling question you have is if 1.6M got paid out and $800,000 was the only cheated money, then where did the other $800,000 go if you only got paid $1.01 on the dollar. It does seem like if those two numbers are accurate, you should've gotten a little higher than that. Or at the least, an explanation regarding those two numbers. To me it seems like a legitimate question that AP shouldn't ignore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, Punkin_U. You always did seem like one of the cleverer players at AP.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:55 PM

btw wtf you WON 200k in the bad beat JACKPOT| imo i think you should like AP more than you do... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2007, 09:58 PM

I remember you winning the BBJ and my first thoughts after you said you played high stakes with the winnings was what an idiot. I would say it is highly likely AP refunded you the correct amount and you just suck. I say this having played against you at small stakes.