Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 06:08 AM

Default Re: 6-max PLO preflop starting requirements.

Talking about hands like 8765ds - they are so unfrequent when compared to aces.
1. So Should I raise also with any double suited one gappers like 9875ds, 9865ds, 9765ds or only the one with a gap in lower end?
2. Same as previous question but in case of single suited hands
3. What about hands like 6678, 6778 or 6788. Are these total garbage out of pos even if double suited?
Old 10-16-2007, 06:23 AM

9875 and 9865 are fine to raise preflop/ 9765 is ok depending on table. Double suited are advantaged over single suited, but for most purposes you can raise single suited preflop. DS helps with the always fun backflush that gets paid off.
As far as playing 6678, 6778, and 8876 these are not bad hands at all OOP.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:55 PM

op 'Just how bad is open limping in Omaha? Several hundred thousands of hands of 6m NL have burned button aggression into my brain. I think I'm being too aggressive on the button, raising hands like 3345, and etc. I don't play well enough postflop, to play this loose pre. So i need pretty concrete advice. '

There is nowt wrong with open limping in a full ring game; especially if you aren't great post flop

My advice to a beginner would be tighten up, only play premium hands, high pairs with copnnectors/flush, suited ace rundowns and lower ds rundowns... limp early raise late as normal....

6max poses trickier problems as you cant let the blinds eat away at you; but you are going to have to play a lot more poker

In 6max cutoff-1 you have to figure if the cutoff and button are passive or agressive pre flop AND postflop; with postflop being a bigger factor.

If they are aggro pre you can be assured of some 'value' with your hands that you are happy to play to one raise... you must then take the initiative if you hit....

if they call a lot preflop but are aggro post you might find it better to limp more and raise less to avoid awkward decisions (this is only beginner advice remember!)

Again, early pos feel free to fold; no shame in playing fewer hands; again similar advice against aggro and passive players when you do get a hand; i've got no issue raising in early pos or out the blinds with monster hands; just be aware you can't think you're going to protect them a large % of the time; you are literally raising for value and not much else. Also be aware your opponents will give you a lot of credit for aces if your a very tight player; so when spots occur take advantage of this.

So qqxx and jjxx; if xx is connected and/or A or k flushing then raise lp and limp ep

With big pairs i like to see flops; if i dont have much backup i dont want to pay much to see a flop; with backup i dont mind plus you might want to narrow the fields against possible splits or domination on the flushes and straights.

Again, esp as a beginner, do not be afraid to fold and watch the other players as you get used to the game.

and lay trash like 3345 down [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]