Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Simple TT preflop question.

I don't agree with much he just said but it's very annoying to see you quote such a long post and reply with nothing more than "LOL".
Old 10-01-2007, 05:21 PM

Albert - raising to $20 accomplishes nothing. There are no few safe flops for TT in a 5 way pot. If you raise to $75, you get more money put into the pot by probably one person who is a dog to outflop your hand, then you c-bet nearly every flop and make a profit. If you get multiple callers, you can be warier of c-betting, but the pot's also going to be larger.

If you had 33, min-raising like this might be cool because you're rarely c-betting and flopping a set here would be sweet. but i can't imagine it with this stack size.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't agree with much he just said but it's very annoying to see you quote such a long post and reply with nothing more than "LOL".

[/ QUOTE ]

it was necessary. made me lol
Old 10-01-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Albert - raising to $20 accomplishes nothing. There are no few safe flops for TT in a 5 way pot. If you raise to $75, you get more money put into the pot by probably one person who is a dog to outflop your hand, then you c-bet nearly every flop and make a profit. If you get multiple callers, you can be warier of c-betting, but the pot's also going to be larger.

If you had 33, min-raising like this might be cool because you're rarely c-betting and flopping a set here would be sweet. but i can't imagine it with this stack size.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. I actually mis-read the hand.

I thought it was 5/5 not 5/10. Meaning that I thought the stacks were twice as deep as they actually were and that the size of the limped pot was half as big as it actually was. I had just assumed that the OP had over 100bb in his stack to start and I skimmed right over the blind level seeing what I wanted to see.

Oh, well. Disregard my post.

If it was 5/5, then a medium sized raise might be better than a raise to 15x the bb, however.

I was up early and wrote my post before my second cup of coffee.

At least min-raising is a novel, non-standard idea that made somebody laugh.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AM:

If dude raises to 40, ALL WILL CALL 100,000%, and then we'll have to play a 5+ way pot with TT ui 78% of the time. You will almost never get to cbet profitably.

The absolutely standard play here is to make it about pot preflop and betcall most flops.

Your application of inapplicable 2p2 literature is once again the direct opposite of the correct play. This is no knock against you, it only shows how completely inapplicable NL cash books are. Although, honestly, in this case im pretty sure NL t and p or PNL would say to psr pre and betcall flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, if the button did min-raise, it would be with the hope that everybody called. He'd then not cb, but only play for set value.

But, given the stack sizes, that would probably be worse than either raising like the OP, or just limping. Limping to play for set value wouldn't be terrible. Raising for value is probably better.

I'd misread the hand (I thought it was 5/5 not 5/10). And even if I'd read it right, you might not like my analysis. But at least it would have made more sense.

As for 2+2 literature, I miscalculated everything from the start, so obviously the entire analysis was botched.

However, planning a hand around SPR is still a good idea. And making a commitment plan when 10% of your stack goes in is also good. And, so, as far as trying to apply the principles I think it's a good idea because it is easier for you to point out the errors point by point to facilitate more detailed discussion about a hand.

I really did botch this one though.