Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 12:55 AM

Default Re: NL50 - KK weird spot

I think u played this fine... Don't mind checking this flop (I do actually check more flops after 3-betting pre), but out of pos I would probably play it like u did.. And then just fold it on the turn, if he's somewhat decent he doesn't push air/hands u beat here... I kinda got the feeling that he made a very loose call pf and hit his set and turned a boat... That's kinda the only hand that really makes sense to me here, or maybe ak trying to get value from aq, aj-hands... don't know tho
Old 09-14-2007, 01:14 AM

Villain's line just made no sense to me. I think any A or boat just about always checks behind on the turn.

I called, villain showed 88. But I'm not convinced this was a correct call esp given some replies in this thread [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2007, 01:20 AM

I almost never check this flop. Dude is just as scared of that ace as we are if he ain't got one, if he does, great, we are out.

As played, hrm. 2 aces on board... His AF is really low, but that could be just because you don't have enough hands on him. If this is over a decent sample, I fold. Otherwise, I might gamble & call the push, expecting to win here like half the time.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I almost never check this flop. Dude is just as scared of that ace as we are if he ain't got one, if he does, great, we are out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't check because I"m scared of the A, I check because he's scared of the A. I'm almost never folding to a bet if I check here
Old 09-14-2007, 02:05 AM

after you bet and he calls the flop
I generally c/f the turn and do so here

But If I have an ace at this spot Im pretty likely to play as you played your KK
Old 09-14-2007, 03:35 AM

Isnt the flop bet quite small...? Villain could be making a floating or something if he thinks that bet was weak.

Or is that amount standard to you, about 2/3? I usually put after 3betting something 10-11$ atleast to that sized pot. Would less be enough, like in this hand?
Old 09-14-2007, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Isnt the flop bet quite small...? Villain could be making a floating or something if he thinks that bet was weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, good point.. the flop bet is a bit smaller than my regular cbet, and it's probably better to make it near pot-size if i'm betting here, to reduce likelihood of a float that would put me in a bad spot on the turn.