Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2006, 02:24 PM

Default Re: why oh why?

i dont like to take K high and stuff to showdown that much [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
and yes its party, cant win [censored] there.. but i do win on other sites, maybe i should just skip party even though i find the games really good there
Old 12-16-2006, 09:18 PM

How many hands are we talking about?
Old 12-17-2006, 05:32 AM

I find it interesting that the problem could be guessed just from the title of the thread and your handle (for the rest of you: Swedish and translates to something like "forever bad luck").

On a sidenote I think I have this problem myself with folding too many winners. I have been trying to call down more but probably not enough. My WTSD (filtered for 4-6 handed) is 36.1 for a vpip 26.1 and pfr 17. What range of WTSD would be considered normal/optimal?
If it matters the games I play in are always very loose (often avg vpip>40) sometimes with a few maniacs, sometimes fairly passive. There always seems to be a lot of bluffing going on.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:40 AM

How often you go to showdown is heaviy dependent on how a game is playing. When you are playing against good players, you have to balance your approach. For example, if you have check/folded two of the last three rivers, maybe this is the right time to check/call with second pair. This avoids the messy situation of dealing with a river raise (either paying off too often against a better hand or sometimes being bluffed off the best hand), and may even get additional value as missed draws that would not have called may bet because you are perceived as being weak.

Also, try to figure out how much info your opponents give away in their betting patterns that distinguish between draws and value bets. Most players tend to favor one line with draws and one with value bets. That info can make calling down with AJ high in one spot a good play and folding it in another spot also a good play.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:13 AM

I had your stats two years ago! Siikk! Good luck improving your game.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:09 AM

thx for the inputs, about the low wtsd, feels like whenever i call down light im beat and i feel stupid, and when i fold they probably have air, maybe i suck at hand reading or whatever.. anyways gonna play NL for a while now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2006, 10:49 AM

I may be a showdown monkey, and I am a touch tigher than you preflop (24/20) - but my wtsd is 42 - I really do not like folding (and admit I make some marginal calls in big pots, when you only have to be good 1-15+ I am calling allot of hands - as there are allot of idiots!) - AF