Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2007, 08:07 PM

Default My latest letter from Neteller

I got this letter in response to my request that that they send me a Gold Neteller card so that I could withdraw my funds. Does this mean that the cards no longer work for withdrawls or that they're not issuing the cards anymore? Thanks

Thank you for your enquiry.
The Gold NETELLER Card is not available as a withdrawal option at this time.

Our ability to provide US members with withdrawals is significantly reduced. We assure you that restoring withdrawal options for you is our top priority. In the meantime, your funds continue to be safely maintained in trust on your behalf.

Unfortunately, we cannot determine how long it will take to restore our withdrawal systems, but will advise you of any changes at http://updates.neteller.com. Please continue to visit this page for the latest information about NETELLER and its service to our members.

We regret the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:21 PM

Default Re: My latest letter from Neteller

This topic probably doesn't belong here....

Go check out the Internet forum for tons of info and threads on this. I'll summarize: there is currently no way to get your funds out of Neteller in any sort of timely manner. As of Friday afternoon they stopped allowing withdrawals via the Neteller card and are not (currently) honoring any EFT requests. As you probably know, they aren't allowing you to deposit on sites either, so your money is basically frozen for now. I believe that checks can be requested but there is no timeline on when and if they will be mailed.

I, along with hundreds of other 2+2-ers have found friendly, honest non-US members of these forums who are offering to accept the money when transfered to their Neteller acct. and then transfer you the money at the poker rooms. Again, check out the Internet forum for more info.

So in short, other than peer to peer transfers, your money is frozen.

Good luck.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:22 PM

they no longer work
Old 01-29-2007, 09:02 PM

Could you name the Internet forums you referred to where players can be found abroad who will help with the problem? Thanks
Old 01-29-2007, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could you name the Internet forums you referred to where players can be found abroad who will help with the problem? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...;gonew=1#UNREAD
Old 01-29-2007, 09:14 PM

Lucky: Since you seem to know about this stuff, a follow up question: Do you think that we'll eventually get our money our of NT using whatever service they come up with? Or are they not gonna pay?
Old 01-29-2007, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lucky: Since you seem to know about this stuff, a follow up question: Do you think that we'll eventually get our money our of NT using whatever service they come up with? Or are they not gonna pay?

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't have to pay right away, but they do have to pay eventually or face penalties that might include jail time for the corporate level executives.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 01-29-2007, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't have to pay right away, but they do have to pay eventually or face penalties that might include jail time for the corporate level executives.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's the answer. And I'm not expert on this, I just read a bunch over at the Internet forum 2+2 Internet Gambling Forum since I'm interested in the subject and I myself had money (a small amount) tied up in Neteller that I needed to get out.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:39 PM

TT: I'm sure you're right that technically they have to pay, but how would we - especially those among us that have less than a $1000. deposited - have the leverage to make them pay? Most of us wouldn't know how to begin and the one hammer we might often have in matters like this, the U.S Attorney's Office, will obviously not be willing to help.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:41 PM

Thanks Lucky. Off topic: I find myself spending more time on this forum than the one discussing tournament play where I usually read and post. This is hurtful to my game in more ways than one and I suspect I'm not alone.