Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2007, 04:34 PM

Default Re: Early Effects of NETeller on All US permitted Sites

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this could also just be until people have gotten all set up with epassport.

[/ QUOTE ]

some people will come back when new deposit methods are available. many more will just say the hell with it and not come back.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have hope because people still drank after Prohibition was enacted. And plenty of people do hookers, blow and crystal meth even though they are illegal.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:16 PM

I have played mostly at Full Tilt, but also at UB and Bodog. I ran out of $$$ on FT, and will not use epassporte, I am done if they don't come up with good alternatives. If enough people think the same, traffic is gonna drop WAY off, which is what I expect.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this could also just be until people have gotten all set up with epassport.

[/ QUOTE ]

some people will come back when new deposit methods are available. many more will just say the hell with it and not come back.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have hope because people still drank after Prohibition was enacted. And plenty of people do hookers, blow and crystal meth even though they are illegal.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not an issue of legality, it's an issue of being a gigantic pain in the ass. I mean if EASY deposit methods are made available, then plenty of people will use them, regardless of legal or illegal they are. anyone can get a hooker of craigslist now
Old 01-22-2007, 08:32 PM

Johny: I hope their are thousands like you because that's what it will take for the big sites to set up their own "banks" and assist us in making deposits and withdrawls. If we do all the scrambling and make it easy on the poker sites, they'll sit back and do nothing to help.

As much as i like my site, pokerstars, I hope their business goes down steadily for the next few weeks as people's acounts dry up and they refuse to deal with Epassport.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:39 PM

Webster: My feelings exactly. Who are the players most dependent on having to constantly reload their accounts? Losing players, that's who. And when it becomes too much of a hassle, they will get out because for them, this is an expensive hobby anyway so why go through the aggravation. Sure the really addicted fish will find a way but we'll lose a whole lot of other ones and we'll be playing each other. There is absolutely nothing good about these developments and it's only gonna get worse unless sites like pokerstars or full tilt step up and start their own "banks."
Old 01-22-2007, 08:41 PM

Just answer me this... Is online poker illegal in the US?
Or is neteller
Old 01-22-2007, 08:41 PM

it's not that hard for a company to set up their own payment system. getting that payment system to integrate with your bank will be the hard part.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:59 PM

Official Tracking thread
Old 01-23-2007, 05:04 AM

Like most of you were elaborating on, the biggest loosers in poker are the ones most affected by complicated deposit procedures. At the same times most pros don't ever need to refill their accounts so we might run into an inbalance between pro vs fish.

On the other hand nothing seems to stop the NET and the evolution of new payment methods might make it easy to transfer money. I think we are in the early stages and that it is impossible to tell so far. We will see if the US-witch-hunt FEDs or the free world wins..

For information of traffic I think pokerscout.com is a great site with graphs and all.

Lastly I just feel compelled to express frustration on how the US law makers seems to target fellow Europeans because it is more politically correct. It is time for EU to fight back and not put up with that crap. The law system in the US is starting to resemble that of a third world country...
Old 01-23-2007, 09:54 AM

Which sites other than Party have the highest concentration of European players? It seems like those sites might be the best ones for us grinders to move to, since hopefully the European fish keep buying in.