Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2007, 09:16 PM

Default Tony G super tight

I’ve noticed that Tony G has played super tight all week on PAD. He threw away QJo for 2 hundred early in the week. He would have made a full, Ferguson won the hand with a smaller full and Gus made three jacks.

Last night Ferguson raised to $3600, with KQo, Tony had the big $1200 blind and the chip lead and he threw away A6s. Next hand he has 67c and doesn’t call the $1200, he would have flop two pair. Ferguson had AA, so we don’t know how the hand would have played with Tony in it. Ferguson slow played the aces against Clonie.

He plays super tight and then makes a ridicules call against Clonie when she has aces.I hope he doesn't win. I actually don't know who I'm rooting for in this group.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:19 PM

Default Re: Tony G super tight

didnt Clonie raise on the hand of fergusons AA
Old 02-23-2007, 09:22 PM

Hi. We already have a PAD thread, and (thanks to theman) we have at least five more brand new ones. Is there some reason you didn't post this in an existing thread?
Old 02-23-2007, 10:07 PM

A6s is a tough hand to play OOP to a raise unless you're calling a shorties all-in, I didn't watch the 1200 hand so I don't know stack sizes etc (he might think blinds or himself or whoever is in the hand weren't deep enough to make it worth playing SCs). I haven't watched at all this week but you can be sure Tony G is a great player.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:14 PM

I know you got the action wrong on at least 2 of those 3 hands, so...yeah.

Also, the "he would've flopped ___" is results-oriented, not a way to analyze a hand.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:41 PM

Ace-rag suited is a tough hand to play, even short-handed. Tony might have felt that it would be easy for Chris to represent a better ace hand or actually even have one, and then what?

Sure, it's good to have an ace-anything short-handed,but sometimes even the pros decide to play it safe and avoid playing with fire. I wouldn't even be surprised if an ace-rag was thrown away by someone who was first to act. Although, with the blinds high enough already,I doubt that hand would be folded unless a raise occurred afterwards.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:44 PM

you are forgeting about the Q10c hand.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:52 PM

I kind of like the separate threads because it's easier to see all the responses concerning the SAME question in one thread.

The P.A.D thread concerns so many different topics one after another that it sometimes just gets too annoying to scroll through the posts not related to the previous ones.

Sure, it's more organized overall if all the P.A.D posts are all in one thread, but once in a while if they concern a specific pro, it's more fun to read them all in a separate thread. Anyway, I only skip a few posts in the P.A.D. thread,so it's still okay the way you prefer it, all in one weekly thread.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:54 PM

And, what does that have to do with Tony G being Tight?
Old 02-23-2007, 11:17 PM

Nothing, but it's Belloc's fault! He started it!

Now I'd like to talk about Chris Ferguson's bad skin. Oh, wait a minute, it should go in the P.A.D. week 7 thread. My bad.