Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2007, 01:01 PM

Default 2 Pair in Micro NL (kind of long with several hands)

I've played about 7k hands at $10 NL and while that's not a legitimate sample to account for variance, I have noticed that I lose BIG on two pair hands. I'm wondering in general how much stronger than one pair I should consider two pair... I've gone through poker tracker and picked out some two pair hands to post as representative of certain situations. If anyone cares to comment on whether I overplayed them or was just unlucky that would be great!

In each of these situations I did not know the villian:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?938788
I've seen players act strong with a bad ace or whatnot; so I called the flop to see what he would do on the turn and then decided that I was ahead thus got it in. Upon hindsight, the range of an avg. villian's three-betting hands probably made this unprofitable; but if I was going to call the flop I was going to have to call the turn and the river unless a counterfeiter or four-straight came...

http://www.pokerhand.org/?938960
This is the closest thing to a "don't know what else to do about this one" hand... barely knew this opponent too. So I didn't think a turn bet had any value after he called my flop bet and felt strong on the river.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?938979
Another "well, what else can I do" hand.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?938991

Overall am I overvaluing my two pair hands? Against strong resistance against an UNKNOWN opp should I realize that it isn't as good as I think? I realize that against calling stations and certain LAGs two pair definitely has good value-but what about other trickier situations?
Old 03-26-2007, 01:16 PM

Default Re: 2 Pair in Micro NL (kind of long with several hands)

hand 1 you gotta lead flop- its too draw heavy but thats a standard stack off.

hand 2 doesn't look bad, I actually bet less on the river because I'd put him on a weaker queen or a straight draw. Its one of those situations where betting too much makes worse hands fold and leaves better ones to raise.

hand 3 I'm looking to play a small pot here so I'd probably check/call flop. I wouldn't 3 bet turn either.

hand 4 was fine.

You might overvalue your 2 pair hands a little bit but I'd say you're not losing due to bad play. I know it doesn't help but I was down with 2 hole card flushes over about 10K hands too, so just grind it out and don't let it affect your play.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:00 PM

Hand 1: Fold to the 3-bet PF against an unknown, especially OOP after he reraised and UTG raise. This flop is exactly why, it hit you hard but also hit a huge portion of his range. If you're going to call PF, I guess you have to be willing to go broke on this board.

Hand 2: Looks fine, except fold to the river shove against an unknown.

Hand 3: I'd call the turn raise and re-eval on the river. Pot odds are sick good after he 4-bets, but does he really 4 bet anything we beat with just top and bottom pair?

Hand 4: This one's just a cooler. I'd bet more on all streets, and I'm definitely paying off on the river.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:04 PM

Just a small note: Hand 2 wasn't a river shove. It was a decent-sized raise that didn't leave me all-in.