Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 12:01 AM

Default Rakeback and winrate

Having seen the below statement in a previous post i was confused at what rakeback and the term winrate actually means? Could someone please explain these terms (rakeback and winrate) to me.
QUOTE:
I also wish I would've had gotten rakeback when i first started woulda helped a lot and bonus whoring would've been a way good idea to build my roll quickly at the beginning also learning BlackJack Bonus Whoring etc etc"
Old 11-20-2007, 12:25 AM

Default Re: Rakeback and winrate

rakeback is a way of earning back some of the rake you pay to the site by using an affiliate to the site. (see banners to the right of this page) eg 27% rakeback at fulltilt. you get 27% of the total rake you pay to the site.

winrate is the amount you are making/losing through playing outside of the rakeback. Usually measured in bb/100 or bb/hour
Old 11-20-2007, 12:29 AM

Default Re: Rakeback and winrate

Rakeback is when the site gives you a portion of the money they take from you in rake, usually through a third party affiliate. This practice started out as an incentive for the affiliates to recruit new players, thereby doing the site's marketing for them.

Winrate is profit expressed as a unit per time or per hand (e.g. $/hr, big blinds/hr, or the most common one, BB/100 hands).