Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2007, 12:23 PM

Default drunk and disorderly but i didnt do it

hi bbv4l

so i got socked in the face on the train on the way back from the bar for flirting with a kids gf. cops got called, we both got arrested for public drunkenness ("above did appear in a public place under the influence of an alcoholic beverage. he was an annoyance and a danger to others") and disorderly conduct ("above did engage in fighting, violent and tumultuous behavior"). I believe they only arrested me because i was asking questions about the field sobriety test blow tube thing, they got sick of answering my questions after about a minute, so they just arrested me. i did not fight back (i sat there and took the punches like a baby) and i was not a public danger (I did exactly what they told me, except for not immediately blowing). I was 9ish beers drunk.

do i need a lawyer? i intend to plead not guilty for the disorderly because its cockshit, but the drunkenness i dont know, i was drunk but i was not a "danger".

fwiw im in application for a security clearance, misdemeanors could [censored] this up (and [censored] up future career options with the govt), but i dont know how it works. how big a deal is it if i have a police record?
Old 05-01-2007, 12:26 PM

Default Re: drunk and disorderly but i didnt do it

Go to an attorney who does free consultations & talk to him bout it. If I had to guess you could get this taken care of & expunged without an attorney, but why risk your future? A lot of it is dependant on what state you are in, as diff states have diff policies & procedures. Police record not a huge deal as long as it's easily explainable, but it'll be a nuisance to have to write a letter explaining it every time. Meh...wtf am I doing writing serious stuff in bbv4l? I've been beaten by the lame stick [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-01-2007, 12:31 PM

Get a lawyer ASAP. Get witnesses even ASAPer.

It's expensive but at the end of the day when your charges are dismissed you will be very thankful.

DIP is a misdemeanor iirc.

Brag: Getting a police record is a good motivator to start your own business =D.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:33 PM

what country are you in?
Old 05-01-2007, 12:41 PM

usa, pa, ardmore
Old 05-01-2007, 02:50 PM

Did you blow into the sobriety test? You should have just refused. If you are not driving you have no obligation to do so. You should have simply refused. For that matter, you are not required to take a test if you are driving, but in most US states, refusing will get you an automatic divers license suspension, which still may be better than a DUI/DWI.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:08 PM

ardmore eh? which train were you on?

i dont understand why you got arrested?
Old 05-01-2007, 04:32 PM

they wanted me to blow in a tube, i said i said i will probably choose to blow but i want to ask questions first. i am not driving, why do i need to blow? he said if you blow a .30 then we know you need to go to a hospital ([censored]), i asked him what the cutoffs are, like what bac corresponds to what action. he says it helps them make a better decision as to whether i am drunk in public, and that it is his opinion that i am drunk in public. at this point the stereotypical pig of a cop says hes refused consent, arrest him.

so i got cuffed and carred and jailed for the night. my friend who had a split lip (he got punched for defending me) saw me get arrested and was like whoa ok im blowing. he did not get cited.

at the station i asked for a blood test, he said no, but i can take a breathalyzer, and that it wont make my situation worse. i ask if it can make it better, he says no. i blow anyway because at this point i just want to do the right thing and not get cited. maybe this was a mistake.

[ QUOTE ]
Did you blow into the sobriety test? You should have just refused. If you are not driving you have no obligation to do so. You should have simply refused. For that matter, you are not required to take a test if you are driving, but in most US states, refusing will get you an automatic divers license suspension, which still may be better than a DUI/DWI.

[/ QUOTE ]
well, i got arrested for not immediately blowing... this is also what i thought, i guess i was wrong. how did you hear this?

fwiw i was pretty drunk... i dropped my ID when handing it to the cop (he loved that). also all of them but one treated me like with complete disrespect, telling me i was gonna go to jail that night and pay a huge fine, this is all before i was even asked to blow.

sorry this is very unorganized, im not trying very hard
Old 05-01-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ardmore eh? which train were you on?

i dont understand why you got arrested?

[/ QUOTE ]
12:35a r5 from brownies to villanova, stopped in bryn mar but taken to ardmore station.

i think i was arrested for not blowing and thus being publicly drunk. but that doesn't make sense, bc of the disorderly.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DIP is a misdemeanor iirc.

[/ QUOTE ]
disorderly is also a misdemeanor.

what does it mean to have a police record with two misdemeanors?