Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 01:52 AM

Default Directive 51

On May 9th of this year, Bush signed this document. It somehow went under the radar in the MSM. The only story I found in the MSM about it was the following one on May 25th that MSNBC had:

http://thenewshole.msnbc.msn.com/arc...25/203917.aspx

When I asked most of my friends about it, they didn't even know about it. I myself didn't know about it til stumbling upon it on the internet last month. Why wasn't this more publicized? It seems that a lot of people in general don't know about it. Would Bush be able to use this to further his own power or take away civil liberties in exchange for "security"?
Old 08-19-2007, 03:52 AM

Default Re: Directive 51

Neilsio?
Old 08-19-2007, 04:29 AM

dimisfh1,

You need new sources for your news. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I learned about directive 51 before the 15th May, and I am not even a US citizen or resident.

By the way, if I also remember clearly. It is worse than what you nake it. D51 has secret clauses in it.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

By the way, if I also remember clearly. It is worse than what you nake it. D51 has secret clauses in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Can you expand on this?
Old 08-19-2007, 07:59 PM

If there is one conspiracy theory that I will ever buy into, is the "new world order", surveillance cameras, national ID tags, basically between the clintons and bushs' for teh last 25 years, the highway that is "secretly" being built that runs right through the heart of the country, teh amero, etc, just leads me to believe that there si some master plan, and the people in power are slowing enacting it.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:27 AM

dimisfh1,

Extract from D51:

[ QUOTE ]
(23) Annex A and the classified Continuity Annexes, attached hereto, are hereby incorporated into and made a part of this directive.

(24) Security. This directive and the information contained herein shall be protected from unauthorized disclosure, provided that, except for Annex A, the Annexes attached to this directive are classified and shall be accorded appropriate handling, consistent with applicable Executive Orders.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't that tell you there are part of D51 that are not public?
Old 08-20-2007, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dimisfh1,

Extract from DS1:

[ QUOTE ]
(23) Annex A and the classified Continuity Annexes, attached hereto, are hereby incorporated into and made a part of this directive.

(24) Security. This directive and the information contained herein shall be protected from unauthorized disclosure, provided that, except for Annex A, the Annexes attached to this directive are classified and shall be accorded appropriate handling, consistent with applicable Executive Orders.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't that tell you there are part of DS51 that are not public?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, the government has classified information, what a subversive concept.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dimisfh1,

Extract from DS1:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Classified legal directives are indeed subversive. Classifying the very way the govt is permitted to act is clearly usurping democratic principles.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dimisfh1,

Extract from DS1:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Classified legal directives are indeed subversive. Classifying the very way the govt is permitted to act is clearly usurping democratic principles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if the disclosure of those directives subverts the value of the underlying programs.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dimisfh1,

Extract from DS1:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if the disclosure of those directives subverts the value of the underlying programs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except you can't determine the value of the underlying programs if they are classified, and thus they subvert democracy because we just have to trust their value and aren't able to judge their value for ourselves or through our leaders.

Your statement in no way refutes this fact, and is not a logical response to charge of subverting the democratic process.