Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 03:49 PM

Default Re: No pumpkin pie from Vegas

[ QUOTE ]
I forgot yards/game was the best indicator of a team's pass defense. Oh, Washington has the third most pass attempts against them of any team? Nah, we'll just leave that part out because it's completely relevant and we wouldn't want relevant stats to get in the way of our ridiculous assertions.

(BTW, Washington is 4th in the NFL in yards per attempt, a far better stat than what you were using.)

[/ QUOTE ]

GB DEF is 3rd in the league for most sacks... your boy Kitna is #1 in the legue for most times sacked. Good luck to Kitna getting it off to his great WR core...
Old 11-20-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I forgot yards/game was the best indicator of a team's pass defense. Oh, Washington has the third most pass attempts against them of any team? Nah, we'll just leave that part out because it's completely relevant and we wouldn't want relevant stats to get in the way of our ridiculous assertions.

(BTW, Washington is 4th in the NFL in yards per attempt, a far better stat than what you were using.)

[/ QUOTE ]

GB DEF is 3rd in the league for most sacks... your boy Kitna is #1 in the legue for most times sacked. Good luck to Kitna getting it off to his great WR core...

[/ QUOTE ]

Translation: I just got owned by superior logic so I'm going to reference something that has absolutely nothing to do with the current issue.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Okay...Green Bay is a good deal better than the New York Football Giants; I am being serious.

So why is the line basically the same?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they are not, because it's a short week, because GB will likely go off a pt to a half-pt more than NYG, because DET players are more used to playing on Thu afternoon than GB players.

Or, because Vegas is GIVING AWAY MONEY this week.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dtroit's ONLY offensive strength is throwing the fb to their WR. GB has great def backfield & has been able to control the opposition's wideouts all year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love to know where you're getting your information, because my information says that they are below average in defending the pass to wideouts, specifically #3 and #4 WRs. The Lions have a pretty deep WR corps.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can have a quick look at their game by game boxscores, or take the time to look at the play by play of each game.

In their past 5 games they have given up 1 TD pass to a wideout.

[/ QUOTE ]

In their last 5 games they have played some of the worst passing offenses in the league! Carolina had no Steve Smith, which is pretty much their entire pass offense. Minnesota...I mean, come on. Congrats on stopping Brooks Bollinger, guys. I'll give them SOME credit for holding Dwayne Bowe without a reception, but KC's ranked 27th in pass offense, so no large kudos there. Denver's got a decent pass offense. I think Washington's receivers' first TD reception was two weeks ago, so whoopee.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Translation: I just got owned by superior logic so I'm going to reference something that has absolutely nothing to do with the current issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's fkn silly man... you can't be serious about superior logic, can you? Any stat can be manipulated... That stat is so dependent upon a team's opponent, their offensive strategy, the quality of the opposing QB, the texture of the game.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:28 PM

LOL, you're telling ME that any stat can be manipulated, when you tried to prove your point by using the most easily manipulated stat? Are you serious? Yards per attempt may be easily manipulated, but it's a far better stat than yards per game. The fact remains that Washington's pass defense >>> Washington's run defense, and if you continue to try to argue against that, you're going to look dumb.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:51 PM

There, there, ladies, week 11 DVOA is out.

11 WAS PASS DVOA -5.1% RANK 9 RUSH DVOA -4.8% RANK 16
Old 11-20-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Numbers speak for themselves with respect to WAS rush vs. pass DEF...

Where is GB on that DEF list??
Old 11-20-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Numbers speak for themselves with respect to WAS rush vs. pass DEF...

Where is GB on that DEF list??

[/ QUOTE ]

9th overall, 15th pass, 4th rush
Old 11-20-2007, 06:00 PM

the washington air defense is 22nd in the league, yielding an average 218 ypg. they gave up 251, 306 (brady), 226 (jets!!), and 293 (romo) in the last four games.

i'm not sure that their defense is worse against the run than the pass, but they're crap enough against the pass to say so without looking.

-c