Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 08:15 AM

Default Re: Big 1/2 NL Pots

I'm sitting with $1100 in bb, fish in LP has me covered. Three callers to me and I make it $22 with AJ. Call, call, fold. Flop is JJ5. I underbet - $22 to try to get aggrodonk in LP to raise. Reasonable player in the middle minraises. Aggrodonk overpushes for $1100+. It's about $1050 more for me to call. I think for about 10 seconds and realize I'm almost guaranteed to have the best hand and I call. MP player folds and fish turns over QJ. I hold and get shipped a $2250ish pot. This was en route to a +$3010 six hour 1/2 session.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:11 AM

I lost a $1,400 multiway pot with the nut flush vs a boat at the Borgata..hated making the river call but had correct odds and the old guy with the boat had been paying prtty bad...
Old 09-11-2007, 09:47 AM

no he flopped it.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:05 AM

3200 at Wynn's 1/3 NL. utg (1300) raised 8bb w/ JJ, UTG+1 called, UTG+2 called, button, tightest player(also 1300) on the table bumped it to 40bb w/ AA, utg called, utg+2 called.

flop AJ2 rainbow
utg check
utg2 bet 60
button flat called
utg c/r to 180
utg+2 called
button push in
utg called
utg+2 called

turn miracle J
he one outted the button's top set of Aces
and scooped it all.

I wish wynn had a bad beat jackpot..
that tightest player def. deserved that.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:11 AM

I won a pot over 8k at Gold Strike in Tunica a few years back. The 1-2 is uncapped there.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:36 AM

I took a beating in a 1/2 NL game a few months back against an agro/donk big stack. I had my stack built up to $1900, and agro had me barely covered. I was 2 seats to his left, so I always had position on him. I was just praying to get involved in the right hand against this kid, because I knew I could score a big hit under the right circumstances.

I'm in the cutoff with 2 black queens. Agro raises to 12 in mid position. 1 caller, and I just call. Both blinds fold, so it's 3 to the flop.

Pot is $39

Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

It gets checked to me, so I overbet the pot, betting $75. Agro kid check-raises to $250. I just call.

Pot is $539

Turn is the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Kid checks to me. I'm thinking he just filled up 3's full of 9's, or possibly 9's full of queens. I verbally declare my bet of $325, and before I even get the chips cut out, agro kid check raises all in. I insta-call and table my hand. the total pot is just over $3800. The kid looks at me and says, "Nice hand, but I've got outs"

River is the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Kid just looks at me, and then starts giggling like a little school girl. After giggling for a full minute, he gleefully takes his cards and slooooooooowly turns them over, 1 at a time.

10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for the rivered straight flush.

It took every fiber in my body not to deck the kid for laughing and then slow rolling the ever living sh*t out of me.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:02 PM

Bally's 1-2 (300 max buyin).
5 players take a flop for $15
Flop 7 5 2 rainbow.
Bet raise raise .. 3 allin when all said and done.
Pot is about 1300.
Hero set of 7s
Villain one AA
Villain two set of 2s
turn .. blank .. river deuce

To add insult to injury the quad deuces win a high hand jackpot for another $599.

I died a little bit that day.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:22 PM

over $2000 at El Dorado in Shreveport

AA vs AA all in PF

four clubs on the board and ship it
Old 09-11-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
$3500, downtown, at Binions

I took it down with 3rd pair, against a busted flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]
Level or the all-time greatest call in a live 1/2 game?

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, here's the story as best as I can remember it.
I used to work at Binions & was playing on the clock.

Game was wild & deepstacked (downtown 1/2 NL has no cap), a few of the local action players were playing, & it was wild as hell. Avg stack was about 1k-2k, with Sean (the guy that owns a few of the vending carts on Fremont St) sitting on about 2500 as usual, and Sergio (short stocky Spanish guy that used to own the Ferrari) sitting on a few thousand.

Im in MP with about $1700 and pick up QJc, and make it something like $20 to go. 4 way action onto the flop.

Flop K J 5 with 2 spades.

Sergio was in one of the blinds, and checked to me. I bet something like $45, CO calls, button folds, Sergio CR to $200. Suspecting (or maybe hoping?) he has a FD, I call, CO folds.

Turn, a red A.

Sergio instabets something like 7 or 800. I tank, & try my best to put him on a real hand, but his play just wasn't making sense to me- a set was highly unlikely since he would have almost definitely reraised me PF with any PP whatsoever; a gutshot of QT was also extremely unlikely since he'd know better than trying to bluff out 2 other players on the flop with that flop texture. Only thing that made sense at all was a FD- 2 pair was extremely unlikely, since he bet so quickly on the A that came on the turn. If he connected with the Ace, why would be bet so quickly without thinking about how to get my money in. He then started the table talk, saying how he liked me and didn't want to bust me, etc. I've seen him do this routine a million times before when on draws, he started saying crap like "we can even run it twice if you want since I really don't want your money but I 'have to bet it', that'll give you one mone chance to catch up", etc., so I eventually call.

River was some trash like the 5h, he puts me all in, and as I start counting my money, he says something like "How about we just chop it up now?", at which point I called.

He showed some trash like 78s, missed his flush, and didn't even have a pair.

Total pot was something like $3480.

Best part was the guy in the CO was a nit who laid down AK on the flop, after it got checkraised. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2007, 03:34 PM

Horseshoe in Shreveport a couple of weeks ago. I won an $1100 pot when I turned a full boat with ducks and two guys called my all in with trip tens. Then the guy next to me, who had already rebought for the max three times, asked why my three twos beat their three tens. Yeah, that was a nice table.

I also once lost a $1200 pot at the Borgata when I flopped the nut straight and a guy called with top pair and went runner runner full house.