Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: weed
weed 12 100.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-2007, 11:47 PM

Default Re: 25k at the 60s in 1 month challenge (Oct props)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just being an outside observer that has read just about every post since the beginning of the bet, I'd say he has to be up 25k or more on the last day of the bet. If he was up 29k today, then lost 10k tomorrow at the 60's, I'd say he still needs to make 6k to win the bet. The fact that he was "once at 25k during the month" should have no bearing. Total profit at the end of the time frame of the bet is what should matter.

At any rate, it sounds like it's only a few hundred more dollars, so that shouldn't be a big deal to make with so many days left.

If I was the one doing the bet, once I hit 25k I'd stop and not play a single SNG at that level for the rest of the time to ensure I wouldn't lose the bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

It shouldn't be that way unless it was already specified early in the thread that it would in fact be that way. Since early on it was established that the bet would be somewhat different than most others, and peaking at 25k would end the bet, I don't think arguing over it makes any sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

You say that but it wasnt said before the bet started that I can see.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:52 PM

Did you make a bet?
Old 11-12-2007, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just being an outside observer that has read just about every post since the beginning of the bet, I'd say he has to be up 25k or more on the last day of the bet. If he was up 29k today, then lost 10k tomorrow at the 60's, I'd say he still needs to make 6k to win the bet. The fact that he was "once at 25k during the month" should have no bearing. Total profit at the end of the time frame of the bet is what should matter.

At any rate, it sounds like it's only a few hundred more dollars, so that shouldn't be a big deal to make with so many days left.

If I was the one doing the bet, once I hit 25k I'd stop and not play a single SNG at that level for the rest of the time to ensure I wouldn't lose the bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

It shouldn't be that way unless it was already specified early in the thread that it would in fact be that way. Since early on it was established that the bet would be somewhat different than most others, and peaking at 25k would end the bet, I don't think arguing over it makes any sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the people making the bet against him should probably look into clarification before placing money on what could be perceived as an unclear wager.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you make a bet?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-12-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you make a bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, neither did several of the people talking about it, and if gravy has to play more its a negative effect on my bottom line, and despite him being an apparent douche I want him to win the bet cause I respect his game and its a cool accomplishment. I did try to bet on gravy to win before it started but he ended up taking unlimited action as opposed to the cap.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:20 AM

I made a bet. I asked for clarification earlier and it was given.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the people making the bet against him should probably look into clarification before placing money on what could be perceived as an unclear wager.

[/ QUOTE ]

^As the people involved on both sides of the betting should have. I dont have an interest on either side of this bet either, but Im with bones, this stuff should have been clarified in advance.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:27 AM

From everything I read in the beginning of this bet, I would think once he hits $25k the bet is over. Although if I had bet I would be a little concerned about the conflicting reports of whether he actually got there or just missed the mark.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
From everything I read in the beginning of this bet, I would think once he hits $25k the bet is over. Although if I had bet I would be a little concerned about the conflicting reports of whether he actually got there or just missed the mark.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the bet was "if/when his sharkscope graph crosses the 25K mark, thats considered a win", then he won and no one should be questioning it. It seems like there might be some gray area here, but Im not certain.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Did you make a bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, neither did several of the people talking about it, and if gravy has to play more its a negative effect on my bottom line, and despite him being an apparent douche I want him to win the bet cause I respect his game and its a cool accomplishment. I did try to bet on gravy to win before it started but he ended up taking unlimited action as opposed to the cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wanted to clarify that you do not know what the communication between SG and the bettors was. So, saying that you didn't see it stipulated that he only had to reach 25k at some point doesn't mean a thing.

However, based on pudge's post, it appears that his understanding of the bet is that spacegravy has to 25k in gross earnings at the end of the month. edit: I had not read pudge's latest post when I typed this.

I also think it's funny that you've been an idiot through this entire thread, and because SG rightfully gives you no respect now, you think he's a douche.