Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Child\'s QQ -v- Yang\'s JJ

Doesn't make sense to lead the flop, then fold after haivng invested this much of your stack. Despite it being early in the final table, Childs had to have some previous experience with Yang and thus could have easily put JJ/TT/AcXc in his range here.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let's not forget Childs also could have taken Yang out when he got bluffed off KK by Yang's QJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

not even close to being the same...Yang bet his gutter draw an Ace flopped...95% of 2p2ers would muck the KK in that spot
Old 10-10-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
childs took so noob scared money line that it makes me sick. I also think that when he turned to his father who said 'you do the right thing' or something like, that made him fold it.

Because he said right away 'I dont think i can lay this down'.

[/ QUOTE ]

Their interactions made me slightly suspicious- I would have nixed it as the TD
Old 10-10-2007, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
different line for Lee Childs???

Jerry is so aggressive this would have been a great spot to C/R...how would u of played it 2p2?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, but he didn't yet know just how aggressive Jerry was.

It was still a nightmare how he played the hand, but let's try to imagine we don't have a stone cold read on Jerry when analyzing. This was near the start of the final table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your statement that he didn't yet know how aggressive Yang was is not correct. ESPN did a horrid job of illustrating this.

I watched the PPV, and this hand was around hand #11 and Yang had raised roughly 5 of the first 10 hands and won without a showdown. He was clearly playing very aggressively and I said at the time that the QQ fold was beyond horrible.

It is even more horrible when you consider that on the previous day, Yang had raised Child's 10's with A7 and bet $2M on a 9 or 8 high flop. Childs moved all in and Yang folded. Childs already had experience with Yang that Yang was capable of putting a lot of chips in the pot without a big hand.

ESPN's coverage really sucked - where was the rabbit cam to see what the turn and river would have been had Childs called?
Old 10-10-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't make sense to lead the flop, then fold after haivng invested this much of your stack. Despite it being early in the final table, Childs had to have some previous experience with Yang and thus could have easily put JJ/TT/AcXc in his range here.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is what baffles me. With Jerry's aggrodonk image, stack, as well as the strength of Childs hand in relation to that board, how one could lay down QQ here amazes me.

Plus, Childs played it SO good up until the fold. He raised UTG, got reraised, smooth called the maniac, got a dry flop with no A or K, and then did a "weak" lead out into a guy who loves to come over the top of weakness with a myriad of hands.

The plan should of been "I'm leading to give this guy the opportunity to do something dumb"; he did, and Childs STILL couldn't pull the trigger.

If Jerry has a set, AA/KK......you just gotta tip your cap to the guy and call it a night.

Get it in the middle, brother!
Old 10-10-2007, 12:18 PM

I don`t know what you guys expect from amateur players other then to play like fish?

i`m much more disapointed from the huge mistakes that the so called Pros made then the clueless amateurs.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:39 PM

Yeah, Hilm got a lot of gamble and he's a very good player, but he thought he could try and run over a gambling calling station/move in artist baffles me.

He had a good drawing hand with the 8d5d, but I think that's a spot to keep the pot small, get there, and THEN lower the boom on Jerry.

Although I don't know how much Hilm sat and saw how Jerry plays, but if the guy is going to overpush with A4 or whatever it was into 2 raisers during day 4 (and get there vs KK, obv), then I think he's going to call after betting PF and the 2 streets thereafter.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
childs took so noob scared money line that it makes me sick. I also think that when he turned to his father who said 'you do the right thing' or something like, that made him fold it.

Because he said right away 'I dont think i can lay this down'.

[/ QUOTE ]

yah, what the [censored] was with Dad giving advice during the hand.

And I realize he didn't really *say* anything, but god damn................STFU, Pops!

Lee childs...you [censored] blew it.
*Yang scream*
Old 10-10-2007, 01:02 PM

Bet 3/4 pot, call shove
Old 10-10-2007, 01:02 PM

watching the final table live...with no previous reads...it really/really/really seemed like Jerry Yang had AA and Lee Childs had QQ before they even showed the hands. Yang never hesitated for a moment with his re-raise preflop and his insta-push allin after Childs led out. This is the kind of storytelling during a hand that forces a fold.

(note: after watching the episodes leading up to the final table...i wasn't going to be surprised if Yang had JJ-TT or even ATcc, but AA-KK seemed so likely at the time...i may have mucked preflop)