Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2007, 05:10 AM

Default Re: 33 hits set in 3bet pot, semideep stacked

I was at the table when this hand happened. I think you played it perfect, except for your river sizing bet. Is this supposed to be either a blocking or a value bet? I could see him checking behind AcKc on the flop, and calling river, fearing a set. I didnt have enough stats on him to see if you could be 3betting air, with stuff like 54s.

Bet around $22 on the river, fold to a push.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:13 AM

Does anyone like a check/call on this river? I mean your hand is so under represented that it could make villain think he has the best hand and value bet worse, such as AQ, JJ, KK etc. I think we beat a wider range of hands if you check/call rather than bet/call or bet/fold. The river is such a rubbish card but imo your hand still has massive showdown value and I would definitely call a psb on this river. I'm not saying I would always check/call but I think you could make an argument for it even though its pretty unorthodox.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:45 AM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
I was at the table when this hand happened. I think you played it perfect, except for your river sizing bet. Is this supposed to be either a blocking or a value bet? I could see him checking behind AcKc on the flop, and calling river, fearing a set. I didnt have enough stats on him to see if you could be 3betting air, with stuff like 54s.

Bet around $22 on the river, fold to a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I know river bet was terrible. I must admit it was kind of a blocking bet, but that was stupid in that spot.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:00 AM

pf fine

on flop i like the check but only with the intention of c/r-ing (assuming you think he takes AQ+ to war on this flop).

on river, whether you b-f or c-c imo has a lot to do with the table dynamic. a decent amount of time your bet is just fine, but it sounds like vs this villain c-c is slightly better.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:26 PM

Everyone saying lead this flop is just being results orientated, pretty standard check. As played its pretty hard to say what do to on the river because you bet so small and if he is decent then it really looks like you are going for a thin vb and will probably fold to a shove, obv he isn't value shoving worse.