Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

View Poll Results: Would OOT enjoy an "ask me" thread about lesbians?
yes 9 9.89%
YES 82 90.11%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2007, 01:03 AM

Default Re: who does tOSU play in the title game?

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, the only real discussion is LSU or USC.

[/ QUOTE ]

How on earth can you put in USC when they lost a home game to the Stanford [censored] Cardinals and then omit Hawaii because they beat a "soft schedule." Seriously that logic is just baffling.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I guess LSU gets the shot, and will destroy OSU in basically a repeat of last years title game lesson: The Big-10 is total crap compared to the SEC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, a lesson really reinforced by the other bowl game match ups last year.

The Big Ten was the best conference in America as recently as 2005. Stop being stupid. Please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, it's 2007, and the Big Ten is awful. That's all that matters.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:04 AM

It should be OSU/LSU and folks should really stop complaining. Nobody got screwed this year. Every team that was in the discussion had at least one chance (sometimes more) to prove themselves worthy, and they blew it.

It is not OSU's or LSU's fault that every potential worthy team caved.

2007 is just not a year with a dominant team or two. Let's just live with the season we had and move along.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OU beat Missouri by 21 points. Not by 1, not by 3, by 21. And they only lost to Texas Tech because Bradford was out.

If it was just the 2-loss team with the best SOS vs. the best 1-loss team, we'd be looking at Ohio State/Missouri.

[/ QUOTE ]

This just in: Mizzou has been overrated all year. Just like Kansas. And South Florida. And Cal. And BC. And West Virginia.

You guys need to stop talking about the idiotic human polls like they mean anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did I mention the polls? The point is that Missouri went 11-0 this year in games against teams not named Oklahoma including wins over otherwise 11-0 Kansas and otherwise 9-2 Illinois. They were most certainly not "overrated".

Beating them once at a neutral site is a better win than is held by any of the top contenders. Beating them twice including a 3 TD win at a neutral site is much, much better than anything the top contenders have done.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Illini and the Jayhawks both played easy, easy, easy schedules. That makes it easy to have a good record. All you're doing now is rewarding bad conferences and awful schedules.

USC and LSU were #1 and #2 at the start of the season. They played in the toughest conferences in the nation, and nothing has changed. Those are the teams, in whatever order you prefer.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It should be OSU/LSU and folks should really stop complaining. Nobody got screwed this year. Every team that was in the discussion had at least one chance (sometimes more) to prove themselves worthy, and they blew it.

It is not OSU's or LSU's fault that every potential worthy team caved.

2007 is just not a year with a dominant team or two. Let's just live with the season we had and move along.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, LSU most certainly caved.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WHY IS OKLAHOMA NOT IN THE TITLE GAME? THEY JUST BEAT THE #1 TEAM IN THE NATION. THAT MAKES THEM THE #1 TEAM IN THE NATION!!!!!!!!!

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

KENTUCKY VS ARKANSAS 4 ALL DA MARBLES!!!
Old 12-02-2007, 01:06 AM

Looks like we don't have to worry about Hawaii, anyway.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I guess LSU gets the shot, and will destroy OSU in basically a repeat of last years title game lesson: The Big-10 is total crap compared to the SEC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, a lesson really reinforced by the other bowl game match ups last year.

The Big Ten was the best conference in America as recently as 2005. Stop being stupid. Please.

[/ QUOTE ]

on top of that, do I have to remind you SEC fanboys that the Big 10 is like 10-6 in the last 5 years in bowls vs the SEC? Everyone is beating on the Big 10 after being down for the past one year exactly. Remember before the bowls last year the Big Ten was still the strongest league before Michigan and Ohio State didn't cover...

So do people think that if Illinois beat Iowa, OSU should automatically be disqualified?

Also looking at computer rankings Va Tech looks like it will have the best of the teams which are beaing discussed, definitely better than LSU's.

[ QUOTE ]
assani, im curious what rankings you are using to say boise>mich>anyone osu played

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to Yahoo and looked at the team's schedules and then looked at the little numbers next to the teams they played. Yes I realize that is their rank at the time they played, and I realize that I should've noted that in my post....I was wrong.