Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life

Old 07-10-2007, 09:36 PM

Default Re: Ask Noah About First Year of Law School, Getting inTop 10%, Law Re

I have heard that all law school females are busted beyond belief. Is this true?
Old 07-10-2007, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have heard that all law school females are busted beyond belief. Is this true?

[/ QUOTE ]

This girl is in law school.

I think she is pretty cute. I'd say that overall, maybe less attractive than college girls, but there are definitely still some hot girls.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:22 PM

How do you get summer internships/work experience that will prepare you for the legal field as an undergraduate? How important are these when applying to law school in the first place?

From what I know, there seems to be a dearth of opportunities for undergrads in law as opposed to other fields such as i-banking, computer science, engineering, etc.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you get summer internships/work experience that will prepare you for the legal field as an undergraduate? How important are these when applying to law school in the first place?

From what I know, there seems to be a dearth of opportunities for undergrads in law as opposed to other fields such as i-banking, computer science, engineering, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

At my undergrad we had an internship program for a semester where I worked at a small law firm. If you go to school in a city, contact alumni that are lawyers, and I'm sure during the semester you can find one that wouldn't mind you shadowing them whether it be for a day, or a volunteer intern position for the semester.

If you plan on taking some time off before law school, there are plenty of legal intern/assistant/paralegal type positions that will be mostly administrative work, but will expose you to law.

I also did mock trial and moot court in undergrad. The average age for my school is like 27, meaning lots have advanced degrees or work experience, but its not a necessity.

I think a first career or advanced degree help for law school admission, but a year or two as a paralegal or legal assistant prob won't matter too much. Might help you with the 1L summer job search, but its up to you.

As for finding out if you'll like the work, contacting alumni and getting an internship seems to be your best bet.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what does TTT mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

third tier. its a derogatory way of referring to a non-elite school.

according to USNEWS Rankings there are Top 100, Tier 2, etc.

However, there are lots of law school snobs (no suprise) that refer to anything below like the top ten as TTT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be a nit, but Tier 2 is in the top 100. USNews actually doesn't use the phrase "Tier 2" anywhere, it's Top 100, Tier 3, and Tier 4.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what does TTT mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

third tier. its a derogatory way of referring to a non-elite school.

according to USNEWS Rankings there are Top 100, Tier 2, etc.

However, there are lots of law school snobs (no suprise) that refer to anything below like the top ten as TTT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be a nit, but Tier 2 is in the top 100. USNews actually doesn't use the phrase "Tier 2" anywhere, it's Top 100, Tier 3, and Tier 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its funny that about 95% of the time someone says "not be a nit" they then proceed to be a nit. lol.

but you are correct.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:24 AM

This is kinda OT but why are so many people so reluctant to post where they go to school?
Old 07-11-2007, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is kinda OT but why are so many people so reluctant to post where they go to school?

[/ QUOTE ]

a fairly high percentage of 2+2'ers go to very elite schools and are afraid to sound pretentious? A possibility.

I think that a lot of people in general are reluctant to say where they went to school as people will automatically judge them. This can obviously be a good or bad thing, but it even gets to the point of annoying when I tell people I go to Stanford.

Their mouth drops and they look at me as if I'm some god. I use to think it was cool for a bit but I tend to say that I go to college in the Bay Area now. Even if I'm going to get extra points for that, I'd rather be judged for the work I do and the way I carry myself--not what school I go to.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:58 AM

Noah,
Care to talk about your experience at the VC (Saw in EDF) and how it will help your career? It seems rather irrelevant to someone who wants to go into big law but I am curious to find you wanting to expand your horizon (which is great because VC is hot as heck).
Old 07-11-2007, 07:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it may be because people don't want to connect their online persona to their real life identity, and school would be an easy way.

I've posted before where I go to school (BC Law). I don't really care, it wouldnt be too hard to figure out who I was, but it doesn't really matter to me.

So I guess if anyone has any BC specific questions, PM me.