Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 03:26 AM

Default Still Have 40,000 Shares of IMMR

I guess it was about four months ago that I told everyone on the Sklansky Forum that I bought 30,OOO shares at about 6.80. Bought 10,000 more at 9 right after they beat SONY. Never sold any. Since I'm a big shot I don't think I'm allowed to say more.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:45 AM

Default Re: Still Have 40,000 Shares of IMMR

Nice run past few months. Congrats!
Old 05-23-2007, 04:00 AM

Link to the relevant threads in SSF...

I own 30000 shares of

Pump and Dump Apology Thread
Old 05-23-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess it was about four months ago that I told everyone on the Sklansky Forum that I bought 30,OOO shares at about 6.80. Bought 10,000 more at 9 right after they beat SONY. Never sold any. Since I'm a big shot I don't think I'm allowed to say more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I called with QQ when 3-bet ($375 preflop) in a 10-150 game two days ago. I rivered a straight to win a $1700 pot vs. AA and a flopped set of tens.

Was that clear enough? Maybe I should put it this way. This forum isn't a dick waving contest for people to show up and brag about how much money they've made because they guessed right on a stock. And you of all people shouldn't be results oriented.

Your financial posts would be much more useful if you explained why you think an idea is a compelling investment. Then others could counter with risks and concerns that you may or may not have thought of. In the end you gain a better analysis of your investment, and forum members might benefit from learning about a great new idea.

Let me get you started. IMMR has a crappy business that's barely growing and has been losing money for just about ever (at least 5 years). No one cares about "haptics" that's clear from their nearly flat revenue line and long history of red ink. Their tangible book value is around $3.30, and that's only because of the large Sony settlement. At first glance, it appears to be a company without much of a future. Obv. you feel differently, so you either expect IMMR to hit some inflection point where real revenue growth will actually start, or a bunch more legal settlements (you need another $250M just to justify todays price). So which is it, and why?

Otherwise I'm going to whip my dick out and bore you with the tale of when I bought several hundred thousand shares of a little medical company in florida for 72 cents each, and sold them all for nearly $3 just over a year later
Old 05-23-2007, 02:27 PM

I wanted to post a poker analogy but couldnt think of the right one. Congrats david, and it does feel good to be right, but its like if the guys whole range is skewed towards sets and huge draws, so you call with an overpair and happen to be right and he happens to miss. You can win and it still might have been a -EV call. Im not saying this was, it might have been a great pick, but DC is right in terms of explaining why it was a good pick.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Otherwise I'm going to whip my dick out and bore you with the tale of when I bought several hundred thousand shares of a little medical company in florida for 72 cents each, and sold them all for nearly $3 just over a year later

[/ QUOTE ]let's see your dick! (and by that I mean let's hear the story!)
Old 05-23-2007, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 05-23-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The company is MDF now (was MDPA), and was going through a restructuring in 2004 where they were closing/selling a couple money losing subsidiaries the former CEO had opened in a misguided effort to build an empire. It was easy to see that after losing the which they would be making 20 cents or so profit after tax. There were some risks, including a single customer, but at 3.5x potential PE it seemed like you were more than compensated for those risks. The new CEO did a bangup job and I sold when it reached a reasonable PE.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:07 PM

Default THANKS DAVE........

I made 10% so far.

I wished I would have bought in at 6 and change. I bought in right after the settlement with the big guns. I gotta figure Sklansky doesn't want to be involved in pump and dump lest his scandalous behaviour be brought to the fore, again.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:04 AM

"I called with QQ when 3-bet ($375 preflop) in a 10-150 game two days ago. I rivered a straight to win a $1700 pot vs. AA and a flopped set of tens.

Was that clear enough? Maybe I should put it this way. This forum isn't a dick waving contest for people to show up and brag about how much money they've made because they guessed right on a stock. And you of all people shouldn't be results oriented.

Your financial posts would be much more useful if you explained why you think an idea is a compelling investment. Then others could counter with risks and concerns that you may or may not have thought of. In the end you gain a better analysis of your investment, and forum members might benefit from learning about a great new idea."

You are totally out of line. Or confused. Firstly there is a big difference between talking about a success after the fact, where there could be many undivulged failures as well,
and talking about a successful risk which I announced I was undertaking BEFORE the fact. As long as there weren't a lot of announced risks that failed and were ignored. If you are that bad with analogies it makes your other advice suspect as well.

But worse yet is your characterizing my post as bragging. Huh? I suppose there is a little bit of that, but did you read my post? I was telling people I still OWN the shares. If my intention was to brag I would say, or wait until I sold them. As it is, I risk eating my words.

You need to remember that the original thread was on a now closed forum. If it still existed, no one would have thought anything about my posting an update that I hadn't sold yet.

As for my reason for holding it still it has to do with a fuzzy recollection of an article I read about ten years ago. Since I may be mistaken about some details I'm afraid I'll get in trouble if I mention it. The mere fact that I have 440K invested in it may mean something to some people. Who knows? I think I'll sell it all if it goes back to 9 since that would be evidence that the magazine article reason is not valid.

Meanwhile I still own 10,000 shares of TASR which I told everybody two months ago I bought at 7.80 (because I thought people were overacting to rare deaths) and it is now about 9.40. And my dick IS bigger than yours.