Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes

Old 11-27-2007, 05:38 PM

Default Re: 25/50 v traheho standard no?

I hate these hands and this same scenario occured to me in wild variations in the past.
From my expierence Traheho1 won't have a weaker hand than QJ in this spot and I doubt he would play it that way all too often.
He plays very tight lately and by raising the flop you basically say you have a very strong hand (I don't see you having anything worse than KTs or ATs)..
I think in this specific spot I stay passiv because I barely see us getting paid by worse hands and I want the pot to stay as small as possible.
So c/c flop, c/c turn and due to the fact that our hand is so underrep. and the pot is smaller I would c/c the river as well.
Whoever said c/f river, I don't think this is a bad line against Villain.
I doubt he will ever show up with a worse hand in that spot and I also doubt he would value bet QJs there too frequently.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:21 PM

ezzzzzzzzzzz checkfold
Old 11-28-2007, 01:38 AM

I think I like a check/call. QJ makes up a huge part of his range, maybe more than half. So basically I think he'll value-bet thin there with it more often than he calls with it since its pretty rare people check a boat on that river.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol yeah no [censored] I almost left results in there to begin with. I wasn't happy about it, but figured shoving had to be better than c/c or c/f.

What do you think about my slightly small turn bet - 2k into 3.5k? What do you do in his spot if you have AQ? Is folding too weak?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm almost always dumping AQ on that flop or turn without a lot of history. I think its very rare a good 25/50 player is calling flop, turn, and river with just AQ. I'm really not a fan of a shove. Even AK and AT I think get folded about half the time.