Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2007, 12:19 PM

Default Re: UB won\'t allow my cashout until I \"play more\"

UB has been doing this for a long time.
I have seen posts like this at least once a month.

UB wants you to play if you are going to deposit to get the bonus.
If you want your withdrawl that bad, tell them to cancel the bonus and give you your money, they usually will do that.

Othherwise, put a couple hours into their site before withdrawing
Old 01-17-2007, 01:38 PM

When playing multiple tables it is definitely bad. Maybe they have some option like Stars for fixing it but I haven't seen it. The hand histories take attention from the tables, when trying to move the slider (way too sensitive) or type in a bet amount another table pops up and you have to start over, and then usually another table pops up for your turn. By the time you get to the second table to make your move another table pops up. And by that time you've timed out on the third. And don't even try to type in the chat, it comes out gibberish full of random numbers from bets you had to retype. Try to say nh to someone and it comes out ld56dof37 vngt52 nh. Very annoying. The bonus is basically software-induced tilt insurance. A fast piece of junk is still a piece of junk.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:27 PM

i 6-table UB and love their software . . . to each his own i guess
Old 01-17-2007, 03:00 PM

I don't know if it's common knowledge among players but UB got hit very badly with credit card chargebacks due to being continually targeted by credit card fraudsters a couple of years ago. The chargebacks were almost unsustainable. Depositing $800 and then trying to withdraw without playing within days is the kind of thing that is necessary to guard against.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is just prudent risk management from UB. It's doubtful anything to do with bonus or processing fees, and more them coverint themselves against fraud. A large deposit followed by a withdrawal request after no, or very little play is very shady looking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how. I deposited using neteller, and I tried to cash out using the same neteller account for the same amount. Both my neteller and UB accounts have the identical name, mailing address and e-mail address associated with them. And I have made several deposits and withdrawals through them since 2003 (after having played in those cases). Obviously, I will know how to behave with them in the future if I ever get desperate enough to play there again. I just think they've treated me badly here.

And how does me playing more hands make things seem less fraudulent?
Old 01-17-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is just prudent risk management from UB. It's doubtful anything to do with bonus or processing fees, and more them cover-int themselves against fraud. A large deposit followed by a withdrawal request after no, or very little play is very shady looking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how. I deposited using neteller, and I tried to cash out using the same neteller account for the same amount. Both my neteller and UB accounts have the identical name, mailing address and e-mail address associated with them. And I have made several deposits and withdrawals through them since 2003 (after having played in those cases). Obviously, I will know how to behave with them in the future if I ever get desperate enough to play there again. I just think they've treated me badly here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed this seems much more a matter of Neteller fees not covered up by your play.
I had a similar situation three day's ago where I made a 1000 dollar deposit and made a withdraw of about 4000 dollars a couple hours later. (had a fight with my wife and had to buy her something nice! lol)
It cleared after two days, no problems at all.
The difference between your and my situation must be that my play covers up for the fees.

That doesn't mean that I agree with them not giving you ur money.
It's yours!
Old 01-17-2007, 04:30 PM

Honest way to cover fees would be telling customer before deposit that x dollars of transaction fees will not be possible to withdraw until player has played enough to cover those costs.

What poker sites need to realize that they have to start being honest. No one would really mind if 24 dollars out of 800 were unwithdrawable until 24 dollars of rake has been generated. But poker sites make weird rules where they keep whole 800 until you complain to them for weeks.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:25 PM

If there isn't a T&C on the site that you must play X hands in order to withdraw a deposit of $Y , then OP should get his $ no questions asked.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:50 PM

I just deposited to take advantage of their redeposit bonus this weekend and seem to recall that they stated that if you deposit and immediately withdraw you will forfeit the bonus. I'm sure if you tell them to keep the bonus bucks they will have no problem with your withdrawal.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is just prudent risk management from UB. It's doubtful anything to do with bonus or processing fees, and more them cover-int themselves against fraud. A large deposit followed by a withdrawal request after no, or very little play is very shady looking.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed this seems much more a matter of Neteller fees not covered up by your play.
I had a similar situation three day's ago where I made a 1000 dollar deposit and made a withdraw of about 4000 dollars a couple hours later. (had a fight with my wife and had to buy her something nice! lol)
It cleared after two days, no problems at all.
The difference between your and my situation must be that my play covers up for the fees.

That doesn't mean that I agree with them not giving you ur money.
It's yours!

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe they are under manned and are going by automated alerts triggered by this pattern of Large deposit> insignificant play volume> Cash out, which is happening each time you try to withdraw. I hadn't realised that this was all done through NETeller, which does make their reaction a little odd. You could kick up a big fuss and demand to talk to a manager etc etc.

That, or play poker for the few hours you will spend emailing back and forth, possibly profit/clear the bonus, and then cash out without hassle.