Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 11:42 PM

Default 24 hour Movie Marathion

This is my trip report for my 24 hour movie marathon. A little bit about it, this was a fund raiser for the Children’s Leukemia Foundation of Michigan and the cost for the day was $105. Most people got pledge sheets and collected monies from people to help defer the cost of the event. I on the other hand, didn’t. I just fronted the money that morning.
The movie marathon took place at Emagine Novi theatre on Friday the 11th, check in started at 8am and the movies started at 10am. So, what did you get for 105 bucks? Welllll, from the theater, all the pop and popcorn you could consume. The fund raiser also supplied lunch (simple sandwiches and chips), dinner (lasagna, salad, bread sticks, both beef and chicken fajita’s), and breakfast (donuts, cereal, breakfast bars) they also had bottles of water and random junk food that was available all day and night. And obviously the movies, the movies included: Becoming Jane, Bourne Ultimatum, Bratz, Chuck and Larry, Daddy Day Camp, El Cantante, Hairspray, Harry Potter, Hot Rod, No Reservations, Ratatouille, Rush Hour 3, Stardust, Simpson’s, Transformers, Underdog, Who Killed Me, Who’s Your Caddy, and 4 special movies they brought in just for us, Pirates of the Caribbean, Old School, Bourne Supremacy, Caddyshack. The newest and most popular movies were played on multiple screens and times during the day (i.e. Rush Hour 3); older less popular movies were scheduled less often (El Cantante only played twice all day).
After we registered all 12 of us went to breakfast at Denny’s to make our schedules for the day. This is what mine looked like:

Stardust
Rush Hour 3
The Simpson’s
Ratatouille
Harry Potter
Transformers
Bourne Ultimatum
Old School
Hot Rod
Caddyshack

I saw all of these movies with one of my friends, and other friends of mine where in different movies with us. In between movies we had short breaks, as little as 5 minutes and as much as an hour. During the hour break we headed over to Hooter’s for a couple of beers and some good times.
As for the 24 hours, it got to be a little long toward the end of the marathon, and staying awake for Caddyshack was a bit tough. But it was great and well worth it. If anybody in interested you can check out the Children’s Leukemia Foundation of Michigan website.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:21 AM

Default Re: 24 hour Movie Marathion

Wow that is pretty cool. Not a bad deal being able to donate to charity and get a nice hook up like that from the movie theater. If u dont mind where was this in Michigan? Im only asking cuz I will be moving back to Saginaw in about a week and wouldnt mind doing this if it ever happens again.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:27 AM

Novi, in southwest oakland county. They have held the event for the last 7 years, and at the Emagine Novi the last 4 years. They will be holding it next year as well, though I don't know a date yet. Though if you check the website it should announce when the event is coming up.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:13 PM

holy crap, that's crazy. Sounds fun, though...glad you got to pick your own schedule...having to sit through Bratz would've killed me.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:25 PM

There is a "Butt-numb-a-thon" in Austin every year at the Alamo drafthouse, which is sort of the same thing. It's 24 hours of movies with proceeds going to charity. They have premiers and filmmakers there. Tarantino has been a few times and he brings movies to screen (not necessarily his, but ones he likes.)