Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2006, 09:40 PM

Default 2/4 TP

No reads on this guy he just sat

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, Hero ??
Old 03-27-2006, 09:45 PM

Default Re: 2/4 TP

I'd raise this preflop. Is this too aggro? I feel pretty good w/ AT 4 handed even OOP.

On the river. I dunno...minus a read, I guess I'd call, but I doubt you win enough to make the call.

-Matthew
Old 03-27-2006, 09:46 PM

I fold this.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:17 PM

First, I don't think you need to raise preflop. Your equity edge is probably not that large. Expect to make up more than that postflop.
Second, on the river, I tend to call this, but I think this is probably wrong. Considering how many draws this fills, I think should fold. Then again, this guy openlimped, so he could just be awful. What are you beating, though? A King? A7? I think you can fold this.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:27 AM

It's hard to fold this, but I think you have to do it. If the button wasn't in the hand, I would be more inclined to call. If the CO doesn't have the flush, he has to be afraid that either Hero or the Button has it. The more I think about it, the easier I think it is to fold this. I would probably just check the river when the flush came in, because I wouldn't want to be raised. If you want to bet for value, then I think you have to fold when raised on this river.

If CO doesn't have the flush, then he must have some kind of two pair/set hand, certainly something better than AT. The CO wouldn't think you have the flush, since you didn't play it like a flush draw. However, if he does have something like 66, he wouldn't have waited for the flush draw to come in to raise, as you or (more likely) Button has the flush. Considering the fact that it would be difficult for the CO to raise with big hands like 2 pair and sets, he is almost always going to have the flush here. The times he doesn't have the flush, his hand still beats yours.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:10 AM

Anything wrong with check/calling the river? If you think you'll fold to a raise why not spend the same BB by C/C and see what he's got. The CO looks to be on a draw, but he could easily have a weak A or a K. With no read I C/C.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:28 AM

I think you have a pretty clean fold there without any reads.

Preflop: I think calling is better than raising into 3 players (if BB was tight maybe). ATo doesn't play well multi way OOP. If it was suited i would say raise it up.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:56 AM

When the flush card on the river hits, can we::

check/call with two opponents and bet out against one?

Is that a stupid ploy?
Old 03-28-2006, 07:32 AM

I hate unknowns, and I hate folding to them. But the flush draw just got there. Some straight draws just got there. Because of the three undercards to your kicker, there are not that many aces you beat, and I mean, would they raise with them anyway? Finally, he raised with somebody still to act behind, clearly saying that he beats a pair of aces with a ten kicker.

I'd fold this.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anything wrong with check/calling the river? If you think you'll fold to a raise why not spend the same BB by C/C and see what he's got. The CO looks to be on a draw, but he could easily have a weak A or a K. With no read I C/C.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because if our hand is good we have two potential callers, who perhaps would not bet if checked to. If we are beat, they will bet, and we don't save a dime.

Not betting this river is a mistake, especially since it's rather easy to fold to a raise.