View Poll Results: Hero's flop action?
Check/fold 4 8.51%
Check/call 23 48.94%
Check/raise 12 25.53%
Lead 8 17.02%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2007, 04:38 AM

Default Re: SSNL, what\'s your story?

I'm bad at attending classes. Good at table-selecting and beating poker players who even worse than me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] So yes I want to use poker as a main source of income for awhile, especially because I plan to travel extensively in 2008 (mainly to Australia and Norway).
Old 11-18-2007, 11:38 AM

i'm still in university (college i guess), this is my last year i graduate in june (probably [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

i just moved up to nl200, if i crush nl200 over a large sample size by june going pro becomes an option for sure (I 8table so that's like 30€/h post taxes - i don't know the tax situation yet so i'm just using 50% as a guesstimate)

but now it's still just a hobby that's fun and makes lots of $$$ for a student
Old 11-18-2007, 11:39 AM

i'm in denial about uni/getting jobs.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:05 PM

im a pretty substandard uni student, still ive at home etc

been playing poker on and off for ages, probably since late 2005. when i play poker my grades go down so i tend not to play much during the semester and i have random long periods where i play barely any poker due to life commitments etc. ive been playing between 100nl and 400nl for the past 1.5 years basically and always maintained a decent roll but usually had to cash out. im hoping to increase my bankroll and really make a run at moving up the limits. i guess i eventually want to get to 5/10 or something but im not really sure how realistic that goal is

this summer (in australia) im hoping to make about 20k or so, its going ridiculously terribly atm so idk if thats gonna happen, but ill just keep at it and hopefully make some money

next year ill be moving out (closer to uni, in the city) and im hoping to support myself with poker, recent sick downswings have made me doubt my ability to do that so ill definitely be working on my game, maybe getting some coaching so i can keep getting better

thats pretty much it i guess, random small time semi successful poker player
Old 11-18-2007, 12:14 PM

i only played poker for the first time after i had already graduated with a music degree.

atm i'm only playing poker to support myself, and i'm not too worried about getting experience or stuff to put on my CV cos if the poker thing doesn't work out i can still do all my music stuff and earn a living.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:16 PM

Poker is such a distraction/addiction that I decided to take next year off and go pro until I stop loving to play or I go busto. FWIW I'm a freshman
Old 11-18-2007, 12:19 PM

Geez all these posts from students is making me feel old. lol

I'm 28, soon to be 29 and working full time as a Civil Servant earning the equivalant of 60K USD at the mo. I play 1/2 6 max and aim to move up the limits and eventually go pro. I also have a family with a 9 month old nipper so I won't be doing anything rash til I have a huge chunk saved and a consistant good PTBB/100 @ 400nl.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:21 PM

Right now I play poker in the mornings before I work out or go to school. I am only playing to move up in stakes as fast as I can, not to get better. After I graduate in May, I will most likely withdraw all my money before taking the bar and starting work and blow it on something nice.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:23 PM

great thread idea

i started playing cash in june at 25NL and i currently play 5/10 with a bit of 3/6 and 10/20.

i took temp leave from uni for 2 years last month and went pro and will be moving to thailand for 12+ months in january.

I really love travelling and have always disliked the idea of the 9-5 so i am very very grateful for online poker [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2007, 12:25 PM

Fletcher what site do you play? I'm breaking out of this country next year and basically doing the same thing as you. Hate 9-5, [censored] the man, love poker, etc.

Anyone wanna take action on how many under 25 students there are?